Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As per the title. I might not have notices this before because it was daytime.

The park light is lit orange and the blue lights are still lit for the other buttons in that cluster. Is that normal? I was worried about battery drain.

I assume it’s either user error, deliberate or (hopefully not) a fault.

Any suggestions? I don’t want a flat battery in the morning!

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,536 Posts
In the KIA, the same lights (P, shifter and circle around it) stay on for about a minute or 2, once the car is locked. They should go out though. It should not stay like that, for more than 5 min.

Reactions: NewToElectric

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank goodness for that (y)I’ve just been reading the thread about the dead 12v battery and wanted to check. I might take a wander out in 15 minutes or so...

Thank you.

·
Registered
5,725 Posts
SWMBO's ICE Smart does much the same. It seems to be a modern 'thing' and it's very annoying when you want to be sure you've shut everything up for the night, or whatever. :mad:

It's like having small children ... "I said "GO TO SLEEP. Turn the lights off - NOW" "

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SWMBO's ICE Smart does much the same. It seems to be a modern 'thing' and it's very annoying when you want to be sure you've shut everything up for the night, or whatever. :mad:

It's like having small children ... "I said "GO TO SLEEP. Turn the lights off - NOW" "
Yes! That’s exactly it!

They're off now and I had a 'refreshing' winter walk outside to check😏😅

·
Registered
5,725 Posts
It's just occurred to me that these cars have the option for 'welcome home' lights (or other name) whereby the headlights are kept on for 90 seconds or so after locking, while you find your way to the house door.
I wonder if the delay is to allow for managing that, even if you have the option turned off. Otherwise the systems would need a different shutdown routine depending on that choice.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,536 Posts
It's just occurred to me that these cars have the option for 'welcome home' lights (or other name) whereby the headlights are kept on for 90 seconds or so after locking, while you find your way to the house door.
I wonder if the delay is to allow for managing that, even if you have the option turned off. Otherwise the systems would need a different shutdown routine depending on that choice.
Possible, but I disregarded it because I can see the difference in timings. The welcome home lights went off earlier, much earlier and there was no clear connection between the two.

But it is still possible, to be as you say a system managing the timings.

·
Registered
295 Posts
You may as well ask why it takes several minutes for the HUD to fold itself away. It’s a law unto itself really. I just don’t worry about it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts