Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Do you have parking sensors fitted by a Nissan dealer?

• I have rear parking sensors fitted and they have been a waste of money

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Awaiting Tesla M3—tired of ancient Nissan software
336 Posts
I have ordered mine, both front and rear. I will report how good they are when I get my car.

Bear in mind that garages like to fit 3rd party sensors, not the Nissan ones, there are threads about it. I insisted on the Nissan original ones, and I have just learned why dealers don't like them. Apparently the price quoted on the Nissan web site does not provision for sufficient labour. I was told Nissan only pay for 1 hour worth of labour, but it takes longer, especially for the front ones. After adding the extra labour few customers seem to like the price, so dealers sell 3rd party ones, and some of them come with horror stories you will read about on this forum.

·
Registered
52 Posts
How much is the option usually? The car I bought was pre-ordered and on PCP so no point paying too much, but I wish I had! A couple of months ago somebody parked opposite my driveway (it's a narrow road) and I was in a hurry one night and bumped corners with their car. Yes obviously I should have looked behind (it was a black car so not obvious when getting in) and/or used the camera, but an audible warning would very likely have prevented it.

For a car that has to park nose-in much of the time you need all the help you can get!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is that front only?
Yes indeed, front only. Quite expensive really. Some of it is of course for painting. If parking sensors are to be an official option, it is a pity that the Factory cannot offer pre-painted sensors (or colour-coded plastic covers) to keep costs down.

·
336 Posts
Yes indeed, front only. Quite expensive really. Some of it is of course for painting. If parking sensors are to be an official option, it is a pity that the Factory cannot offer pre-painted sensors (or colour-coded plastic covers) to keep costs down.
So exactly the same as the Irish price, which is €350 as quoted by the Nissan.ie web site and a further €140 to install and paint. €490 is about £370 today. I find it odd it would not be a factory option, but it seems to me like the Nissan production model is to minimise the number of available factory options and to push anything extra downstream to dealers. Unfortunately, that model reduces quality, introduces variability, and decreases some customers' satisfaction.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I bought original Nissan front and rear sensors second hand (un-unsed) off eBay for a fraction of the original cost. Then got the Leaf versions of the install instructions from Nissan GB and it definitely seems like a DIY job. However, it does involve drilling your bumpers and take bumpers off, so I will probably not be able to install them until it gets warmer outside :(

·
336 Posts
I bought original Nissan front and rear sensors second hand (un-unsed) off eBay for a fraction of the original cost. Then got the Leaf versions of the install instructions from Nissan GB and it definitely seems like a DIY job. However, it does involve drilling your bumpers and take bumpers off, so I will probably not be able to install them until it gets warmer outside :(
Let me know how much time it took you to install and paint them in the end, out of pure curiosity.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Any chance of sharing the instructions?
Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.