Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My 2017 GTE Advance is booked in for its first "major" annual service at the main VW dealer (based on VW's alternating major/minor servicing schedule).

Based on past events, I'm a bit wary that the dealer may either deliberately or inadvertently cut some corners, so are there any important points I may need to politely "remind" them about? ;)

For example, I read somewhere here that the Pan roof seals need re-greasing (or something like that), can anyone confirm?

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

·
Registered
565 Posts
Check the engine oil level before leaving the garage. They tend to over-fill GTEs.

·
Registered
196 Posts
For example, I read somewhere here that the Pan roof seals need re-greasing (or something like that), can anyone confirm?
Suggest you get some GummiPflegeStift which I usually liberally apply annually late September when seals not wet, a routine that I have followed both upon Golf and Passat GTE over last five years. I am sure "stealership" would be happy to put a "dob" of silicone grease in noticeable spot for you, although doubt it would be very thorough.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks - looks like a worthwhile investment. Does it come in different colours, as I've seen one on Amazon but it says "white" in the description?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Thanks - looks like a worthwhile investment. Does it come in different colours, as I've seen one on Amazon but it says "white" in the description?
Don't worry about "whitish" colour as like "skin cream" it is absorbed in to the rubber. Although "blurb' says you can buff for example door seals with dry cloth, have never experienced the need personally.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't worry about "whitish" colour as like "skin cream" it is absorbed in to the rubber. Although "blurb' says you can buff for example door seals with dry cloth, have never experienced the need personally.
OK, thanks for the tip. I also think I read that the bearings in the pan-roof assembly might need periodically replacing, any idea about this?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts