Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new member here, eagerly awaiting delivery of a Passat GTE estate.

Can anyone help with current expected lead times?

The order was placed with the factory on the 10th January 2020, and I received my 8 digit order number to track in the app. The order status is still at Number 2 - with the factory.

When I placed the order I was told to expect late March/April Delivery - but this week I’ve now been told to expect it late June!! The dealer can’t provide any further update apart from it doesn’t have a build slot allocated yet, and until it does I won’t be able to get an estimated delivery date.

I’m just concerned that this is going to keep slipping with no one able to give me a better idea!

Can anyone shed any light/share any recent experiences?

Cheers

·
Registered
34 Posts
I ordered mid February and was quoted 19 weeks to delivery. Build weeks are confirmed 4 weeks before they build it, and they apparently allow 2 weeks to build and up to 5 weeks to transport, so I'm not expecting to move to stage 3 for a while.

·
Registered
3 Posts

The order was placed with the factory on the 10th January 2020, and I received my 8 digit order number to track in the app. The order status is still at Number 2 - with the factory.

When I placed the order I was told to expect late March/April Delivery - but this week I’ve now been told to expect it late June!! The dealer can’t provide any further update apart from it doesn’t have a build slot allocated yet, and until it does I won’t be able to get an estimated delivery date.

I’m just concerned that this is going to keep slipping with no one able to give me a better idea!

Cheers

Cheers
I

·
Registered
3 Posts
Like you I ordered on January 8 and remain at stage 2. A guy on the Passat gte face book group said he ordered in October 2019 and had a promised date of May 1st but his car is stuck somewhere between Germany and Ireland. I make his lead time 7 months and counting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I messaged VW on Facebook in early March, and was told I had a provisional build date of week 17 (this week). But that was obviously before the current situation hit!

I tried messaging again this week, but they just said there would be a further delay and the dealer may be able to offer more information. Luckily no major rush at the minute, but would be interested to know if it’s likely to be +1/2/3 months just so I can make a plan until it arrives! Will put an update on here when I hear any more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts