Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new member here, eagerly awaiting delivery of a Passat GTE estate.

Can anyone help with current expected lead times?

The order was placed with the factory on the 10th January 2020, and I received my 8 digit order number to track in the app. The order status is still at Number 2 - with the factory.

When I placed the order I was told to expect late March/April Delivery - but this week I’ve now been told to expect it late June!! The dealer can’t provide any further update apart from it doesn’t have a build slot allocated yet, and until it does I won’t be able to get an estimated delivery date.

I’m just concerned that this is going to keep slipping with no one able to give me a better idea!

Can anyone shed any light/share any recent experiences?

Cheers

·
Registered
213 Posts
I ordered mid February and was quoted 19 weeks to delivery. Build weeks are confirmed 4 weeks before they build it, and they apparently allow 2 weeks to build and up to 5 weeks to transport, so I'm not expecting to move to stage 3 for a while.

·
Registered
4 Posts

The order was placed with the factory on the 10th January 2020, and I received my 8 digit order number to track in the app. The order status is still at Number 2 - with the factory.

When I placed the order I was told to expect late March/April Delivery - but this week I’ve now been told to expect it late June!! The dealer can’t provide any further update apart from it doesn’t have a build slot allocated yet, and until it does I won’t be able to get an estimated delivery date.

I’m just concerned that this is going to keep slipping with no one able to give me a better idea!

Cheers

Cheers
I

·
Registered
4 Posts
Like you I ordered on January 8 and remain at stage 2. A guy on the Passat gte face book group said he ordered in October 2019 and had a promised date of May 1st but his car is stuck somewhere between Germany and Ireland. I make his lead time 7 months and counting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I messaged VW on Facebook in early March, and was told I had a provisional build date of week 17 (this week). But that was obviously before the current situation hit!

I tried messaging again this week, but they just said there would be a further delay and the dealer may be able to offer more information. Luckily no major rush at the minute, but would be interested to know if it’s likely to be +1/2/3 months just so I can make a plan until it arrives! Will put an update on here when I hear any more.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Well I ordered my GTE Saloon with electric towbar and trailer assist in silver on Monday the 29th June, so lets see what the lead time is on a post lockdown order. Went with the Saloon rather than the estate as towing limits the same, but it kept the price below the magic 40k. Don't need an estate anyway. Have been told 4 to 5 months.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’m afraid to say that I have now cancelled my order. After initially being told Mar/Apr (~4 months from order) it slipped to June (before COVID really hit). Then moved to July, and I recently had an estimate of late August - but with no certainty. Because of these delays I had to buy an interim family car, which means range/cabin space is no longer as important so I cancelled my order and have gone for a Tesla instead!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Interesting, is it a Saloon or Estate as I guess they have production runs, I also have some extras on mine (Trailer assist and towbar).
Dealer has just called to say expect in the next 2 to 3 weeks.

·
Registered
2020 Passat Estate GTE Advance
56 Posts
Interesting, is it a Saloon or Estate as I guess they have production runs, I also have some extras on mine (Trailer assist and towbar).
Dealer has just called to say expect in the next 2 to 3 weeks.
It's the Estate with many extras - manganese grey, panoramic sunroof, ambient lighting plus, area view, DCC, dynaudio confidence soundpack, swivel towbar, head-up display.

I originally bought a similarly spec'd car from a dealer, brand new, back in March but it had an intermittent fault which they were unable to fix after several months of trying, so the dealer ordered a replacement vehicle to be built for me - unfortunately it is taking some time. I have an R-line Passat Estate courtesy car in the meantime - but it isn't a patch on the GTE!!

·
Registered
2020 Passat Estate GTE Advance
56 Posts
Have just had a text saying now at stage 5c, vehicle in transit near the UK
Well done Warren, nearly there!

Where my dealer wouldn't, I managed to contact VW and found out that mine is actually being built and should be completed early next week - so I should be seeing "stage 5" later in the week,
Yay! :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Excellent news. Want to get them before autumn sets in and more possible lockdowns. Also anyone else considering a purchase may want to look around now as a no deal Brexit may impose tariifs on cars imported in the new year.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts