Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Passat GTE Advance.

It was hit by another car in May...

It's been repaired (driver's side, wing, doors, new steering rack, etc..) and returned to the main dealer in June for what I was told were routine 'resets'.

Turns out that it MAY have been the incorrect steering rack... apparently after 4 weeks of head scratching 'not so', it just doesn't work...!

VW and their head office have been extremely unhelpful with not being able to provide any further information as to the cause of the requirement for the 'resets'. They haven't even issued anything in writing!

It would appear that this 'error' is unable to reset the steering wheel, ABS and some other system...

I am curious if I am the only one who has experienced this problem?

I have learnt many things from this experience, the first and foremost is that VW will not help you or communicate / assist or even explain should you experience this - I would HATE to see someone else go through this...

I have had many VW's... the GTE being my best yet, however after this experience (and still not having my car back), I feel I need to warn others about the issues which could be waiting around the corner for you all...

The only thing it leaves me to say is, it's no wonder VW don't have an F1 team!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Tricky and painful. I guess the bodyshop fitted all VW parts and now want VW to reset system to complete the repairs. I assume VW dealer didn't fit the parts and now can't validate the reset and may point fingers at the repairer and install? Personally I would be shouting at the insurance company to get a resolution as I guess they are paying the bill and claiming back costs to the third party. I would also escalate to dealer manager first and then VW head office customer services + technical dept given the bottleneck is with the VW dealer.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Why would the body shop fit all VW parts? It is up to the insurer as to what parts are sourced, I suspect the cheaper the better?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Everyone, sooner or later, will experience the shoddy VW customer service. But we keep buying their cars and coming back for more!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts