Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three weeks ago I took my Passat GTE estate to the dealership for 2 minor items. One was the cover of the headlamp washer had come off and the second was that my son noticed that the data screen was getting red in one corner (he described it as burning out). There were no problems on the 22 mile journey to the garage nor when I parked it. I went back to the car to remove some items before leaving it and I noticed that the car did not lock when I pressed the door handle. I locked it with the key fob and handed it over to the service attendant.
Apparently when they tried to move it into the workshop the car was completely "dead" and had to be pushed. Three weeks later it seems that they are none the wiser as to what the problem is. There is only one high voltage technician at the garage so when he went away for a long weekend nobody else could touch the car.
The car is about 22 months old and has done something like 13,000 miles. I very much hope that the problem will be covered by the warranty.
Has anybody else had a similar problem- (whatever it is)?

·
Registered
352 Posts
My first thought would be that the 12v battery is flat (it relies on the good old fashioned 12v battery to start up everything else). But if they've had it 3 weeks and can't solve it then I'm assuming it's not something that simple...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My first thought would be that the 12v battery is flat (it relies on the good old fashioned 12v battery to start up everything else). But if they've had it 3 weeks and can't solve it then I'm assuming it's not something that simple...
I do hope that they have checked that one out. I'll ask them. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts