Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had some dashcams installed just over a week ago. Haven't really used the car much but used it yesterday and tried to lower the front passenger window for the first time since the dashcam install and it didn't work. I then tried the other windows and the rear ones do not work either. The driver side one does work.

At first I thought it might be related to the dashcam install so I got in touch with the installer and he swears his hardwiring wouldn't be related. He's hardwired the connection behind the cigaratte lighter socket so doesn't go near the fuse box. However, all 3 non-driver side windows not working seems very suspicious.

I thought maybe there might a single fuse for all 3 non-driver windows that had blown but the manual doesn't show any fuse for the windows so I really can't think what it could be.

Does anyone have any ideas?

TIA

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You haven't pressed the switch on the drivers door panel that cuts the power so kids can't play about with the have you?
I'm away from my car so I can't try yet but I wouldn't have thought this was the case because the switch wouldn't stop the front passenger window working. Also, even if I disabled the rear windows, they should still work from the driver side door controls.

All 3 non-driver side windows do not lower from the driver side door controls. In addition, I tried the front passenger window switch as well and that didn't work either. The driver's window control works perfectly. I have not tried the rear windows from the rear door controls.

·
Registered
49 Posts
It'll probably be the switch - its a silly setup and disables all windows apart from the drivers from all switchs including the drivers...

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Also, even if I disabled the rear windows, they should still work from the driver side door controls.
A normal person would consider that to be the case, but not Nissan designers. The lockout switch on the drivers controls stops all windows working except the drivers window, even from the driver's controls.

Honda and Toyota used to be able to wire electric windows properly, I assume they still can in their recent cars.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you so much, the switch was exactly what it was. Half of me feels so silly that it was so obvious, the other half of me feels like it's due to the really really silly setup.

The disable switch is mainly to stop young kids messing about with the window so I'm bemused why it disables the passenger side window (generally, there would be an adult there) and why it also disables the driver side controls for the windows too (there would definitely be an adult in the driver's seat).

No other car I've seen does this. Is this common across Nissan cars or just for the Leaf?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you so much, the switch was exactly what it was. Half of me feels so silly that it was so obvious, the other half of me feels like it's due to the really really silly setup.

The disable switch is mainly to stop young kids messing about with the window so I'm bemused why it disables the passenger side window (generally, there would be an adult there) and why it also disables the driver side controls for the windows too (there would definitely be an adult in the driver's seat).

No other car I've seen does this. Is this common across Nissan cars or just for the Leaf?
Same problem except tried the disable switch and they still don't workout (Nissan el grand)

·
Registered
3 Posts

Same problem except tried the disable switch and they still don't workout (Nissan el grand)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts