Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

Anybody having issues with the Blind Spot Detection on the passenger-side of the car?
It seems intermittent, and only sometimes picks up vehicles that I'm passing.
I've tried adjusting the angle of the mirror, as I'm not sure where the sensor is, but with no apparent effect.
Drivers-side seems fine and always seems to illuminate when I've expected it to.
Thoughts would be appreciated before I go back to the dealer claiming a fault.

Cheers

·
Registered
360 Posts
In my Ioniq I have noticed that the nearside blindspot light does not always comes on but I believe if you switch the turn signal on it will warn you if the car is in the zone

·
Registered
KIA Soul EV 64kWh
418 Posts
Hello all

Anybody having issues with the Blind Spot Detection on the passenger-side of the car?
It seems intermittent, and only sometimes picks up vehicles that I'm passing.
I've tried adjusting the angle of the mirror, as I'm not sure where the sensor is, but with no apparent effect.
Drivers-side seems fine and always seems to illuminate when I've expected it to.
Thoughts would be appreciated before I go back to the dealer claiming a fault.

Cheers
Haven't noticed this on my Soul, but my driving is mostly in town so rarely cars on my left!
The sensors for BSD & RCTA are behind the rear bumper, the manual shows the location.
You must not place any stickers etc in front of them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Wish I had blind spot detection on my eNiro 4 :-(
Why are these features standard on North American vehicles but premium options in UK? (not just for Kia but many brands\0

1 - 6 of 6 Posts