Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I applied today and almost instantly it said credit agreement in place and passed. Surely they still need to do a credit check? Anyone know if it is indeed instant or takes a few days. If it is a few days then how do you know when you have passed.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
The initial credit check takes seconds.. they also review it manually but unless you hear different it's fine. Tesla aren't big on giving feedback for that stage (I never heard anything officially).

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
8,472 Posts
I wonder if the criteria is different (less "strict"?) for PCH as the car is always property of Tesla?
I think PCH is more like a fat mobile phone contract, so as long as the basic info, security and credit history checks out, you’re good to go.

I don’t think there are any deep affordability checks.

·
Registered
446 Posts
You reckon it might be the same for PCP too?

I think PCH is more like a fat mobile phone contract, so as long as the basic info, security and credit history checks out, you’re good to go.

I don’t think there are any deep affordability checks.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
8,472 Posts
You reckon it might be the same for PCP too?
I don’t think that any car companies want to put barriers in the way of getting a car sold and out there, particularly at the moment.

They’ve always got the option of taking the car back, so it’s relatively risk free for them.

·
Registered
ID3 Life
188 Posts
PCH, PCP and other dealer finance is secured on the asset, in this case the car, and therefore they don't need to do much of a deep dive.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Some lenders were only approving manually during last year, which was a royal pain.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts