Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

PCP and PCH Deals on the E-208

5K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  29705 
#1 ·
Just sat at Peugeot Shrewsbury. Probably going to be requesting a deposit refund shortly. The PCP deals are very expensive. £420+ per month with a £700 customer deposit and a 6k per year mileage allowance on the GT!

I'll post some more specific figures when I get them. How has everyone else got on?

#5 ·
If that's £5k deposit plus £400/month I'm sticking with the MG ZS.

#7 ·
Was there any delivery dates linked to those quotes? It’ll be interesting to see what price evezy will offer the e-208 at, if they’re able to get hold of a batch. I was hoping for around £349 all inclusive, but not so sure now.

#11 ·
Far be it from me to be cynical etc , but it’s almost as if PSA UK don’t want to actually sell any EVs here ?

At £355 a month and a £3k deposit we’ve dumped everything else on the list now and are about to lease a Model 3 for 2 years.

shame really. We’d have gone for the 208 GT at sensible money.

Means the i3S is now for sale if anyone’s interested!

#13 ·
I echo what others have said. I like the car, but the price is out of the park for what it is. The PCP 'deals' are quite poor, particularly when the French were offered a GT at €299/month with a much more reasonable deposit. Why can't we have that?

Reactions: rikdud
#16 ·
Because we’re RHD
Because they’re only sending a limited supply
Because many are ear marked for fleet buyers
Because this years sales won’t help offset their emissions targets for 2020
Because they want to sell ICE 208s
Because they don’t want to train too many technicians to work on high voltage
Because their dealers don’t want to install charging points
Because they don’t want us to

#14 ·
I can't see what your point of complaint is. This is entirely typical of a £30k car. It is just arithmetic working backwards from £30k.

What do you expect? That they knock £15k off the price because they like you?

EVs are expensive don't y'know?

I expect it will go the same way as the Soul, which were also £480pm or so PCPs at the start.

The only way to go right now, if money is of any importance to you, is to lease the cars when there is a good lease deal.

What manufacturers appear to be tolerating right now is to accept someone's lease payments to cover the depreciation, and then they actually sell the car once they get it back.

What I am paying on the Soul might just cover its depreciation in the time I have it ... so long as you accept I could have got it with a £10k discount in the first place (which was actually possible at the time).

£30k car. I pay £6500 over two years at which time it is worth ~£14k. Go figure. WTF would anyone in their right heads shun leasing rather than buying in that scenario?

Same is happening for the e-Golf at the moment. Hence I am looking to place an order.

Take what the market gives and if it does not give what you want, don't take it!

#15 ·
I think the reason for disappointment is largely PUK's fault, who having taken deposits broken literally every single promise they made on timescales as to how information would be delivered.

The price is a secondary issue, but it is objectively higher than anything else in its "super-mini / small hatchback sector".

You can add all sorts of other side arguments, but ultimately ICEs are being legislated against on environmental grounds and to encourage the uptake of EVs. UK Government need then to follow through on this and also put in place legislation to ensure that EVs are within reach of the masses, perhaps through a cut in VAT or increase in grants.

An ICE 2020 model year 208 is within reach. The EV version at that price, most certainly is not.

The French PCP price is, as it is also in Norway.

#17 · (Edited)
Based on estimates, PSA only have around 1400 e-208 allocated for UK retail in 2020 so initially there will be no need to offer discounts or large finance contributions.

I suspect PSA do want each dealer to sell a minimum number to get experience of EVs, etc. so once actually available you may find some dealers (in less EV friendly cities?) will offer discount. That doesn't help someone today though.

#19 ·
Interesting. They probably got quite a few orders and have reduced to temper demand but could also be exchange rate related. This approach is easier but less transparent than the fixed pricing Tesla use. High list prices (with expectations of contributions) also allows new models to be introduced at "same price" as we see with ZE50.

#22 ·
Yeah, €8500 grant makes a big difference!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.