Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Selling my Nissan Leaf today. It's been 5 years now and I was very impressed with the car. Very reliable.
I bought it second hand on PCP finance paying under £100 per month.
But it's time to upgrade. Looking for my next EV with at least 140-150 miles PCP finance as close to £200 per month as possible. This seems like a decent deal.
I had few quotes and none of it it's even close to this one. I like MG ZS EV but I'm not prepared to pay £100 more than Corsa 😭
If you don't mind me asking
I don't mind second hand, but even used Ioniq or leaf 40 cost over £300 per month.
How much are you paying for your cars?
Can you recommend some good dealers offering decent deal or maybe you work for
one yourself.thanks in advance

·
Banned
78 Posts
Selling my Nissan Leaf today. It's been 5 years now and I was very impressed with the car. Very reliable.
I bought it second hand on PCP finance paying under £100 per month.
But it's time to upgrade. Looking for my next EV with at least 140-150 miles PCP finance as close to £200 per month as possible. This seems like a decent deal.
I had few quotes and none of it it's even close to this one. I like MG ZS EV but I'm not prepared to pay £100 more than Corsa 😭
If you don't mind me asking
I don't mind second hand, but even used Ioniq or leaf 40 cost over £300 per month.
How much are you paying for your cars?
Can you recommend some good dealers offering decent deal or maybe you work for View attachment 147705 one yourself.thanks in advance
A) it's pre reg so the ate the £3.5k grant
B) They are also throwing a £5k deposit contribution ,
C) You have to put down £999 yourself , so now we are are £9499 of deposits!!!!
D) No where does it state max annual miles for this deal, it could be only 500 pcm , 6k a year.
E) it does not state the contract length, it could only be a teaser rate for 1 year, so your £999 deposit is really and extra £83.25 pcm , making it £302.25 pcm for 12 months.

How many annual miles do you want on your PCP contract and over how many years?

·
Registered
382 Posts
D) No where does it state max annual miles for this deal, it could be only 500 pcm , 6k a year.
E) it does not state the contract length, it could only be a teaser rate for 1 year, so your £999 deposit is really and extra £83.25 pcm , making it £302.25 pcm for 12 months.

It’s a 49 month PCP, 5000 miles per year, 11700 final payment. It’s was the same deal as a couple of weeks ago but the deposit was only £299. There were none available, must have found some in a cupboard somewhere.

·
Registered
Ze50 GT Line Elmo Referral ISB2GG for mutual £50 off
420 Posts

seems to be this one: New Vauxhall Offers | Vauxhall Deals | Vauxhall 3.9% Deals | Pentagon Vauxhall

Total price after retailer deposit contribution of £23083 all included, which seems to be equivalent to a £22300 total car price for a 1+48 at 0% (£219/month)

·
Banned
78 Posts
It’s a 49 month PCP, 5000 miles per year, 11700 final payment. It’s was the same deal as a couple of weeks ago but the deposit was only £299. There were none available, must have found some in a cupboard somewhere.
for only 5000 miles a year, 417 miles a month , 96 miles a week, I would buy a 2nd hand BEV out right on the same budget, £999 + 49 x £219 = £11730. Should be able to get a good battery health Leaf 30 Tekna for that surely?

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,890 Posts
e=How much your Leaf worth as a trade-in?
You can get a 40kw N-Connecta (new) for £229/month - varies with deposit and that is for 36m.

I pay £223/month for 36months for my prereg N-Tec E+ but with a £ 9k deposit (4k part ex + £5k cash)

·
Registered
401 Posts
for only 5000 miles a year, 417 miles a month , 96 miles a week, I would buy a 2nd hand BEV out right on the same budget, £999 + 49 x £219 = £11730. Should be able to get a good battery health Leaf 30 Tekna for that surely?
doesn’t always split out evenly like that - May do not many miles day to day but still need the occasional longer journey where a leaf 30 may struggle

this one you do have the option to own for £22k or walk away for £11k effectively a decent enough lease cost. Doesn’t seem bad to me. If they hold their value well you may also have some equity in there

·
Registered
593 Posts
So the total cost for 4 years is £11,511, that includes the £999 deposit, but not the optional final payment of £11572. How much are you getting for your Leaf?

·
Registered
382 Posts
So the total cost for 4 years is £11,511, that includes the £999 deposit, but not the optional final payment of £11572. How much are you getting for your Leaf?
They have none again! But you can have a SRI for more.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I sold it for 5300 today
e=How much your Leaf worth as a trade-in?
You can get a 40kw N-Connecta (new) for £229/month - varies with deposit and that is for 36m.

I pay £223/month for 36months for my prereg N-Tec E+ but with a £ 9k deposit (4k part ex + £5k cash)
Leaf has been sold today. I only have 2k for deposit

·
Registered
Jaguar i-Pace 21MY
1,778 Posts
Rather than PCP have you thought about subscription?
Have a look at the market leader ONTO or elmodrive All inclusive deals.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I’m noticing all the good PCP deals at the moment are 4 years, which ultimately makes them not a great deal as who knows what will happen over 4 years? Could be ruled by cockroaches by then.

Reactions: Johnny Read

·
Registered
'18 Zoe ZE 40 R110 + '21 VW ID.4 1st
421 Posts
I’m noticing all the good PCP deals at the moment are 4 years, which ultimately makes them not a great deal as who knows what will happen over 4 years? Could be ruled by cockroaches by then.
I don't know if this is the case with all PCP deals, but I know that at least with mine (4 year PCP on an ID.4) I can hand it back any time after month 26 or so no questions asked.

·
Registered
891 Posts
who knows what will happen over 4 years? Could be ruled by cockroaches by then.
Agree with that sentiment. 4 years is a long time on the clock 😄 Has anyone benchmarked a 4 year APR of a PCP deal against a 2 year lease? The gut feeling is that if this PCP can be escaped (as Spock mentions) after 2 years with no financial or creditworthiness penalty, then it seems reasonable. What do the lease gurus think? @Panda et al

·
Registered
401 Posts
usually much later than that. Its halfway through the financed amount which includes the final balloon payment. So on a 48 month PCP with average interest rates you can often be 40+ months into it before you can voluntary terminate. I know as I tend to do that with my PCPs - take the on 3-4 year terms, get fidgety and bail as soon as I’m able to if I‘m confident there won’t be any equity.

In this case though even staying until the end you can treat it like a 4 year lease and walk away after 48 months, the deposit isn’t big. Or if the car is worth more than £11k (it should be) you can trade it in as a deposit to a new car or finance the remaining 11k, buy the car and then sell it on

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Correct and VW Solutions is exactly that, 50% of total amount payable under agreement including balloon payment and interest obviously.

Not halfway thru the length of the term.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Quite - and on these longer deals, that’s a damn long time.

That said, I generally take on 3 years, get rid after 6-8 months, and am yet to pay more than a grand or so in negative equity. For normal cars you can probably get away with it. Anything premium I’d think twice

·
Registered
ID3 1st & e-Golf
5,915 Posts
A colleague has just signed a lease on a VW eUp for about £165 a month and about £500 down. It's only 5000 miles and 3 years and I don't remember the lease company but they did say VW were offering good deals on some cars but not this one so it wasn't VW finance.

·
Registered
'18 Zoe ZE 40 R110 + '21 VW ID.4 1st
421 Posts
usually much later than that. Its halfway through the financed amount which includes the final balloon payment. So on a 48 month PCP with average interest rates you can often be 40+ months into it before you can voluntary terminate. I know as I tend to do that with my PCPs - take the on 3-4 year terms, get fidgety and bail as soon as I’m able to if I‘m confident there won’t be any equity.

In this case though even staying until the end you can treat it like a 4 year lease and walk away after 48 months, the deposit isn’t big. Or if the car is worth more than £11k (it should be) you can trade it in as a deposit to a new car or finance the remaining 11k, buy the car and then sell it on
Ah, that makes sense. I did have a rather large "deposit" on mine (in the form of a £7,500 p/x, £1,000 deposit contribution, and an extra £3,000 cash on top to offset the loss of the government grant literally the day before I signed...). That must be why I'll hit the turn-in point on month 26.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts