Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
That's why I've still got my first 1000 place deposit in, but I'll probably not go for the car until next year...I can wait and see what real life use and problems are.
I totally see where you are coming from here, it’s a great plan but I am just wondering what MG’s responce will be to your request ?.
If a car turn’s up before the end of 2019 in the colour and model of your chose, they may expect you follow it through with the order.
I guess they may allow you to defer / back slide your order into 2020 ?????.
Or given the list of people still waiting for their cars, they may expect you to complete the order of your original order or offer to give your allocation away to an awaiting customer.
Telling you, to make a completely fresh reorder all over again, thus missing out on any special deals on the original slot !.
Just saying !!!!!!.
Keep an eye on the curved ball if I was you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I totally see where you are coming from here, it’s a great plan but I am just wondering what MG’s responce will be to your request ?.
Of course you are right, if I get a call saying that a car is available, then I don't expect them to allow my to delay the purchase. I guess there is a small chance I could try to be clever and pick a colour/option that won't arrive until the next batch to delay it, but I doubt it's a good plan.

But the point is, if (and it's an IF) MG end up transferring the £3.5k early incentives to deposit contributions to keep sales momentum then the only thing I'm losing out is the home charger. And as I'm not able to install one at home, I would end up claiming the £200, then it's no big deal to wait longer and see where the land lies in April next year.

I've gone for an e-Golf lease for now, but still looking at replacing our Nissan Note 1.5 diesel with an EV too so could still be interested in the MG EV.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Surely you can just cancel and get your deposit back and the order again in the New Year?

It remains to be seen how much deposit contribution MG may or may not provide after the 2,000 orders are completed - I just reported what a dealer speculated about. It will depend on the EV car market next year and how much market share MG wants to gain.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have seen this on another site, its about the e Golf against the MG is this correct?

E Golf

Only 33kwh usable battery

key less entry /start £390

leather seats £2150

heated front seats £410

lane assist +ebd £1135

rear camera £345

side and curtain air bag £300

total £4730

All standard on exclusive MG

add heat pump e Golf £850

and you still dont get a sky roof

Also surely as city centers become more like no go zones for ice cars, anyone who has to go into these cities regularly will be looking for a BEV, this bound to to help prices to stay higher?
Sounds right, I am looking atm at golf against the mg... but mg bigger boot, and the sunroof .... golfs going to be replaced by I’d range so future value unknown as mg.
But zero interest and find a dealer that wants to shift them and you might be lucky

·
Registered
59 Posts
I will not buy a VAG car, they are not trust worthy at all. I know people will turn a blind eye to this companies history of deceit and lies. They only recalled the deadly gear boxes when a coroners court were involved. They carried on making 5 million dirty diesel engines when they knew they were illegal, they got Bosch to help them make a cheat device, they did not redesign the engine with their great engineering prowess, lol. Then when they got caught they were so sorry, really really sorry. As VW usa ceo Michael Horn said "We were dishonest!". They then went to court with a FIX, but guess what the FIX is another cheat device related to outside temp only working between 10 - 32 c or 50 - 90 f. The new Tiguan with the Shu - ea189 eng has been found out. Well Korea has now banned all Vw diesels because of this fraud and we shall see if VWs monetary power over the European motoring press (and courts) can stop this new outrage becoming well known. Too big to fail, too big too jail.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I will not buy a VAG car, they are not trust worthy at all. I know people will turn a blind eye to this companies history of deceit and lies. They only recalled the deadly gear boxes when a coroners court were involved. They carried on making 5 million dirty diesel engines when they knew they were illegal, they got Bosch to help them make a cheat device, they did not redesign the engine with their great engineering prowess, lol. Then when they got caught they were so sorry, really really sorry. As VW usa ceo Michael Horn said "We were dishonest!". They then went to court with a FIX, but guess what the FIX is another cheat device related to outside temp only working between 10 - 32 c or 50 - 90 f. The new Tiguan with the Shu - ea189 eng has been found out. Well Korea has now banned all Vw diesels because of this fraud and we shall see if VWs monetary power over the European motoring press (and courts) can stop this new outrage becoming well known. Too big to fail, too big too jail.
They also test their engine emissions on Monkeys

·
Registered
829 Posts
I get the impression that they are all offering really bad PCP deals at the moment because supply outstrips demand.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts