Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into leasing an EV or even getting something on PCP. I currently have a 2013 Nissan Leaf Tekna which we will be keeping. I have also previously owned a Zoe 22KWh on PCP for 3 years. SO nothing to px and starting from scratch. What are peoples feelings on leasing vs PCP. Prices seem to be all over the place.

I have the added complication of being on the Isle of Man so I can't buy a new car from the UK due to the plug in grant in the UK and not all Lease companies will lease to me. Also, the car needs to be registered here which lease companies don't like much.

Local dealerships are quite expensive compared to what I can find in the UK while searching.

So my options are limited.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
What model are you thinking of getting? If it's say a used 40 or under you could get a bank loan to cover it instead. The bank rates are always better than lease or PHP.

·
Registered
986 Posts
My opinion is, if you're planning to handover the car at the end of the PC then this is your best option, you will pay less each month and you have a guaranteed value.
If on the other hand you want to keep it maybe it's worth to look for alternative finance, rates are low at the moment and you can find cheap deals in places like moneysupermarket or similar sites.
What you can also do is to increase the deposit and reduce the residual value.
Lease is good for companies/self-employed as this can be deducted on expenses.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I chose a PCP on my Tesla as I'm almost certain I will buy the car at the end of the term and I personally maxed my deposit to reduce the monthly payments. The gov contribution actually covers both the interest and luxury tax on the purchase so unless there's a complete market collapse or revolutionary battery tech appearing that make residuals plummet, unlikely so far, I should be in a happy situation.

Specific to Tesla but at the time the finance companies didn't quite have the Model 3 dialled in and reapplying now I can't get closer than £100 of my current monthly payments with a similar deposit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts