Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2015 BMW i3 REx 60ah, Solar Orange
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after the charging solenoid lock episode, my wife tells me there's a PDC fault (park distance control). I thought this may just be the dirty roads considering we had over a foot of snow last week and temperatures of -23.

So the snow is melting and temperatures are back to normal for this time of year. I tried cleaning the sensors but the problem persists. These sensors are expensive, especially the front ones which are pre-painted. I've sourced a supplier and have used Hubauer Shop before, so I know they are genuine BMW and avoids going any where near the main dealer.

The car has front and rear sensors, auto park, plus a reversing camera. It's probably just one sensor, so how can I go about determining it? I'm used to working with VCDS on Audi and Volkswagen cars, but I know genuine BMW software is likely to be ISTA software, but which version? Any links to UK or European sellers, I mean plug and play, so software, cable, the works.

Any other tips appreciated to solve this please, thank you.

Please don't tell me I need to break out the multimeter!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've been looking at "Carly" diagnostics myself, not cheap but look pretty good.
Note there is a monthly sub for what I think is the ability to modify code.
Be interested to see what you end up with.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts