Tesla Model 3 LR AWD
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wonder if we’ll get this here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Probably we'll get it after it starts being available in new model 3s after July. They'll have to do the software changes required first (a means to disable it, which they don't have in the US but is required here, and possibly the UK variant won't have reversing sounds (still not allowed legally here, although some EVs do have them anyway)).

·
Banned
367 Posts
Do Tesla owners spend a lot of time keeping up with all these little things, updates, fixes, etc...
Is it not a nuisance and how much time is wasted thinking about the car?

Not trying to be annoying, just trying to understand what the Tesla ownership experience is like other than from biased Youtubers.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
23,566 Posts
Do Tesla owners spend a lot of time keeping up with all these little things, updates, fixes, etc...

Not trying to be annoying, just trying to understand what the Tesla ownership experience is like other than from biased Youtubers.
How is it owning a car that never gets free updates with new features and fixes?

I can only imagine what a time suck it is having to go back to the service centre for a simple software update.

It must suck owning a car that doesn’t improve over time.

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 LR AWD
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For me I spend a lot of time researching something I’m about to purchase (car, laptop, phone, smart home products etc etc) and then the research carries on after I’ve bought the product. It’s the only way I’m aware of new updates or functionality - that’s me - I ordered and paid for my car without a test drive - but I knew it would be the car for me before it got here - and that’s a fifty odd grand car.

My previous cars never got any updates - ever - and that bored me - because it would’ve been so simple to do to fix user experience issues, update maps, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Tesla M3 SR+ In a whiter shade of pale
398 Posts

What’s it like having a leaf?
I imagine you enjoy it or you would change it?
Same goes for Tesla owners, I for one don’t appreciate your continual negative comments about Tesla. If I didn’t enjoy owning the car I would take appropriate action.
FFS give up the Tesla bashing... boring monotonous same old same old.
Change the record please, fed up of listening to the same song😡
There is room for both of us, I wish you would come to terms with it, no need to constantly tell us all how you feel about Tesla we’re all big boys and girls and can decide for ourselves thank you very much!

·
Registered
457 Posts
I don't think I need the full on pedestrian warning speaker.

What I really need is a pedestrian horn. A horn that isn't as loud as the normal horn, but something that can give a friendly toot when you are driving up behind some pedestrians in a carpark.
winds window down “excuse me please!”
:)

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I don't think I need the full on pedestrian warning speaker.

What I really need is a pedestrian horn. A horn that isn't as loud as the normal horn, but something that can give a friendly toot when you are driving up behind some pedestrians in a carpark.
Yeah I've often thought that would be a better solution. There are cars that have it, but it never caught on.

·
Banned
367 Posts
I've said on here before (or maybe on the i3 forum), something like a bicycle bell - courteous but not aggressive or scary
That is an excellent idea, as long as the horn is readily accessible.
I can see a use for it at traffic lights as well, as many people indulge into their smartphones while waiting and the main horn is too aggressive or noisy.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I've noticed on Twitter as well, a bunch of notable accounts subscribe to popular Tesla fan sites to spew out negativity every time an interesting conversation take place. One can only feel sorry for these characters, just imagine being in their shoes, living with all that hate.

Reactions: Somex

·
Registered
305 Posts
That is an excellent idea, as long as the horn is readily accessible.
I can see a use for it at traffic lights as well, as many people indulge into their smartphones while waiting and the main horn is too aggressive or noisy.
Isn't a bicycle bell likely to lead a blind person to believe they are in the presence of, you know, a bicycle?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts