Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our leaf goes back next week, it needs a second service which is £199 at my local dealer.

Does anyone know what the penalty from RCI finance is for not bothering? If its only the £199 service cost then I won't bother but if its more I best get it booked in!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Is the second service due or overdue?

If it is only due, as in coming up to needing it, don't bother.

If it is overdue then you are liable to RCI fining you, the amount will be in your t's and C's but is around £200 so may not be worth the hassle of getting the service done as you say.

112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seeing as the maximum time between services is 1 year, then I don't understand how you could have had a Leaf 30 for two years from new, if its second service is only now due. And how did you get a two-year finance deal?
Why is it difficult to understand? It was serviced at the end of year one, it's now at the end of year two and requires a second service.

When I bought this the 2 year PCP was cheaper than 3 and 4 for some reason.

·
Super Moderator
11,438 Posts
Seeing as the maximum time between services is 1 year, then I don't understand how you could have had a Leaf 30 for two years from new, if its second service is only now due.
Collect car 23 March 2017

Minor Service 22 March 2018

Major Service Due 22 March 2019.

·
Super Moderator
11,438 Posts
I'm set to hand back the car two days after the 2nd service is due.

Our local Nissan dealer stopped trading just over a year ago. Taking the car to the closest Nissan dealer is a hassle.

£199 (major service) + £30.70 return train ticket + £12 excess miles + £4.50 electricity + 1 1/2 days lost time = not worth it.

I might get charged for the missing service. We will see what happens.

112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In my case, I'm set to hand back the car two days after the 2nd service is due.

Our local Nissan dealer stopped trading just over a year ago. Taking the car to the closest Nissan dealer is a hassle.

£199 (major service) + £30.70 return train ticket + £12 excess miles + £4.50 electricity + 1 1/2 days lost time = not worth it.

I might get charged for the missing service. We will see what happens.
Like yourself it's a lot of hassle so if there is no additional penalty then I won't bother, would just like to know before hand.

112 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thought I'd maybe I would have got a phone call from them with a deal.

But whoever gets her is getting a good car, just been serviced and valeted today, its looking mint. Sad to see her go.

·
Registered
460 Posts
It’s worth checking with RCI rather than just assuming the penalty is roughly the same as the service cost. It’s a while since I handed back my Leaf, but from memory the penalty for missing a service was considerably more than the cost of the service itself.

112 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It’s worth checking with RCI rather than just assuming the penalty is roughly the same as the service cost. It’s a while since I handed back my Leaf, but from memory the penalty for missing a service was considerably more than the cost of the service itself.
I decided not to and serviced it today as nobody knew the penalty and didn't want to risk a big bill.

I've already gone 4,500 miles over so that will be to pay too but I know the cost of that.

112 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Today I got a phone call from RCI finance stating my account was in arrears! By over £15k, not happy at all as not only was I not invoiced for anything, I also returned the vehicle 17 days ago, a week before the contract ended!

If this appears on my credit file I will be seriously annoyed and will be escalating this issue as I've never been in arrears in my life.

First time I've ever used RCI and will definitely be the last!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts