Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Alessandro Giuseppe Antonio Anastasio Volta
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
VW is also planning a performance variant for the ID.3. Brand manager Ralf Brandstätter confirmed this in an interview on the sidelines of the IAA. The basis for the model, presumably called ID.3 GTX, is already known.

In May, Volkswagen had shown a concept car under the project name ID.X, which was basically an ID.3 with the 77 kWh battery and drive components from the then recently presented ID.4 GTX. The power of the electric all-wheeler was stated to be 245 kW – slightly more than the ID.4 GTX.

Read the rest here Performance ID.3 could release in 2022 - electrive.com

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
445 Posts
I'm waiting for the Cupra Born to break cover. That might be enough performance for me, and I prefer the styling. A GTX ID3 would get me into trouble very quickly on public roads.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,928 Posts
VW is also planning a performance variant for the ID.3. Brand manager Ralf Brandstätter confirmed this in an interview on the sidelines of the IAA. The basis for the model, presumably called ID.3 GTX, is already known.

In May, Volkswagen had shown a concept car under the project name ID.X, which was basically an ID.3 with the 77 kWh battery and drive components from the then recently presented ID.4 GTX. The power of the electric all-wheeler was stated to be 245 kW – slightly more than the ID.4 GTX.

Read the rest here Performance ID.3 could release in 2022 - electrive.com

View attachment 149658
I'd need to win the lottery but definitely a fan of all wheel drive and 300+ bhp. Not keen on the garish colour accents.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Must be getting old, but the GTX doesn't bother me at all, not at the price point it'll be floated at. With 2 cars to support, can't have one of them costing £42k.

Scratched that itch when I bought my Golf R, but despite its speed, it was a pretty clinical, composed, joyless ride. That's the price of refinement I suppose, nothing like my old Peugeot 205 GTI 1.6 many years ago.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,928 Posts
Must be getting old, but the GTX doesn't bother me at all, not at the price point it'll be floated at. With 2 cars to support, can't have one of them costing £42k.
I'm 67 but not yet ready to join the pipe and slippers brigade. That will come soon enough.!

·
Registered
895 Posts
I'm 67 but not yet ready to join the pipe and slippers brigade. That will come soon enough.!
I've always had fast diesels and my ID3 150kW is on par with my 2013 Golf GTD on the move (and faster off the mark - no tramping), fast enough for me right now, especially as I'd end up paying 40% more for a GTX- performance increase vs cost doesn't add up for me.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
7,184 Posts
I’m sure this was posted months back.
It was, but I suppose this is an update/confirmation that a ‘hot’ ID.3 is coming, whereas the focus of the thread last time was that there was no room for a second motor in the ID.3, so the concept would remain just that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
0 - 100 is still 5.3 seconds, and itll be an over 43K car, I think at that price I would much prefer a Tesla model 3 as it comes loaded from the get go with everything like leather seats and self driving. Where as you will probably still need to spec things on the ID.X

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
7,184 Posts
0 - 100 is still 5.3 seconds, and itll be an over 43K car, I think at that price I would much prefer a Tesla model 3 as it comes loaded from the get go with everything like leather seats and self driving. Where as you will probably still need to spec things on the ID.X
‘Self Driving’ isn’t standard on any U.K. Tesla, and even if you option it has limited utility here in the UK. It does have pretty nifty lane following capability as part of ‘Autopilot’, but then so do lots of cars now.

I won’t be falling over myself to buy a £43k ID.3 GTX, if that’s what the price ends up being, but then I wouldn’t automatically go for a Tesla either, there’s plenty of very good EVs out there now, and will likely be more by the time any GTX hits our shores.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Agreed. When you can get a 204ps Life for £27k with DTD (which is plenty for many), paying £40k after discount for the extra power, big wheels, a few toys and sports seats on the same car seems a lot. You're into the price bracket of more premium cars that have that kind of performance as standard. If I was spending £40k on an EV, I'd probably be looking at a Polestar with a bit of discount.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts