Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Enhanced Autopilot is back as an option again. £3,400..

Reactions: cah197

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was EAP £3400 last time it appeared not long ago? I don't need it or FSD but would love summon.

I'll say this though, at £60k for the performance, the LR is certainly better value for money now (in my opinion)!

·
Registered
646 Posts
With no model S or X available for a year the demand for the model 3 will be way up so price increases aren't surprising.
Yes but then why have they just lowered (slashed?) the prices for the Model 3 in many European countries as well as the USA and China? They will also have a shortage of Model S's, X's and Y's, no?

·
Premium Member
11,951 Posts
A post on Tesla FB group says an error but I guess we will see?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I also felt that the strength of the pound made the UK prices unfair compared to other countries and that's taking into account the different ways some other countries work in their taxes/fees.

It's almost an insult every time we hear a reduction abroad when nothing happens here and then to see out if nowhere a £3500 increase on the perf, despite the fact it's not the one I've bought, I genuinely feel for those who were about to buy, expecting £56,490 and while some may argue "what's £3500 to someone dropping £60k on a car?!" But it's still a big chunk.

·
Premium Member
11,951 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Hopefully it is a mistake but who knows? Maybe like some supermarkets it is a temporary increase before “slashing” the price back to where it was previously, so you think you are getting a great deal!😂.
Elon had repeatedly said both in interviews and Twitter that the Model 3 is still too expensive to buy and they are trying to get the price down by improving and speeding up the build process to save costs etc. So this significant price increase does seem odd.

·
EGGY
1,718 Posts
Supply and demand ? Sales in EU slipping hence price cuts ?

·
Registered
EV6 GTLineS - ID.3 Family gone :(
320 Posts
That's a $47,190 car, inc. $1,500 of California subsidy (or £34,353) for £59,990.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
After sales tax?

No wonder the 3 is so popular in the US though, it’s crazy value for money.

Reactions: Jymhall and DanPaul

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,888 Posts
Reactions: Troon
1 - 20 of 21 Posts