Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just managed to beat my personal best of 1750 miles from a single tank.
I'm going to try to get 2000 miles from the next one...

Still nowhere near joining the "50 mile club", but till pretty pleased with myself (and the Ampera!) !

Does everyone feel the need to compete against themselves over MPG or is it just me ?? Strangely addictive...

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've only had my Volt for just over 4 weeks, but so far I have done just over 1000 miles and used 0.03 gallons* of petrol!

Sure, I know I'll be doing some longer trips soon (which is why the "range extended" type appealed to me), but so far it's effectively been an electric only vehicle.

* Yes, I was really annoyed with myself for letting the battery get low enough for the engine to kick in for the last 1/2 mile home. Grrrr!

·
Registered
109 Posts
That hasn't happened to me yet... although I did have a non-charging situation about 2 days after buying the car and purely by chance happened to notice an orange charge light 2 hours after plugging it in (turns out the power adapter didn't like being plugged in to car first and wall second). Otherwise, [touch wood] all good :)

·
Registered
1,338 Posts

·
Hyundai Kona convert...
224 Posts
Back 'on topic'....Ampera stats.
Nearly 4 weeks into ownership, 2500 miles, 1.6 gallons of fuel used = >1600mpg.
Personal best of 53 miles and only twice didn't make the 45 miles to work on a charge - and both times was in the rain (a/c and wipers must use a lot of power). I reckon I've saved around £150 this month net on fuel too over my previous journey...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts