Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,

I am currently doing my thesis, investigating whether a person's personality has any bearing on their attitudes and opinions on electric vehicles. I would hugely appreciated ten minutes of your time to fill out a survey for me.

www.surveymonkey.com/s/JNFrazer

Thank you very much.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Done! I'm currently writing up a PhD thesis connected with low carbon vehicles. Can you shed any more light upon your work?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much. I am mainly looking at whether you can tell whether someone is likely or unlikely to buy an EV through their personality. Also seeing if there is a link between personality and different aspects of the EV. I have found that almost all of the information out there is tailored towards a person's demographical information or personal information like age, gender, income etc. and I saw an interesting thesis from a student a few years back who linked personality to automated vehicles and I thought I could use it.

What aspect of low carbon vehicles are you looking at?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sounds interesting. Much low carbon vehicle research tends to be tech related, with most anthropological research conducted via EV trials. What level are you at?

I'm looking at how we 'consume' the car, as a status symbol, icon, avatar, cultural artefact and experience, and what impact this may have upon an uptake of low carbon vehicles - this post on my blog puts it better (the Cov Uni PhD blog page, where a version is also posted, seems to be down at the moment).

Good luck with the survey (I've retweeted the link posted by @Speak_EV) and with your research. I'd be intrigued as to how it goes.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Completed mine. Good luck with your studyand say hello to Coventry, I was there from 1976-1989.

·
Now enjoying my new Kia SOUL EV
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric (38.3 kWh) Premium SE in Iron Grey with Shale Grey Interior option
1,324 Posts
Having just picked up my new car I was interested to complete this. Done.

Derek

1 - 10 of 10 Posts