Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Have a wonderful day picking up your car.
hoping everything goes well.
please let鈥檚 us all know how things went on. 馃憤
regards
Jeff

Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 22/9/20 (was Prius)
Thanks guys. Wow this has been the quickest day in my life. So much to learn it鈥檚 utterly overwhelming. I fitted the 12V BT logger thing. Driven 30 miles all good. Tried the granny charger for a couple of hours. Dunno how to reduce the charge rate from 10Amps though?? Pressed the button on the back etc. Got blue car then green car. Suppose I鈥檒l have to RTFM, but just haven鈥檛 got time! Too busy playing with stuff. My Wireless CarPlay dongle came today but haven鈥檛 tried it yet. Drive is amazing. Going out again now I think.

I ordered the boot floor protector from dealer it was 拢41.50! Cheaper than expected.
Gravity blue is surprisingly black even in strong sun shame.
more later no doubt.

The thing just wants to move, even in ECO mode. Astonishing performance. I really will have to be careful re speed cams etc.

Quite sad to say goodby to my faithful 14y old Prius though after twenty years of superb Priusing. I hope this car will be half as good as Prius was. The end of an era.

I'm dying to try out a free 50kW D.C. charge at one of the many Engie chargepoints around me in West Yorkshire. But the damn thing won鈥檛 run down lol.

Peter

Registered
Charge rate is changed via the car settings not on the charger itself.
Means it works with any dumb charger though.

Registered
Kia e-Niro MY20 64 kWh - Gravity Blue
Dunno how to reduce the charge rate from 10Amps though?? Pressed the button on the back etc. Got blue car then green car.
Gravity blue is surprisingly black even in strong sun shame.
more later no doubt.
You can change it with the button on the back of the granny charger, but you must not plug it into the car. Hook it up to the mains, change the amps, unhook from mains, plug into the car and hook up again.

Gravity blue is pretty blue under the Spanish sun though ;)

I actually love how it changes in the sun and the shade. It's a touch of mystique methinks.

Anyway: cool car, innit?

Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 22/9/20 (was Prius)
After fitting the 12v BT logger, was the battery down because of the boat trip?
Sorry, I鈥檝e no idea. I couldn鈥檛 resist doing a lot of driving and sitting playing around with everything so it will have gotten charged anyway. It was my intention to look at the 12V state as soon as I got home, but the kid with a new toy in me took over everything I had planned :) . Sorry!

If/when I settle into some kind of normal usage pattern I鈥檒l analyse the logger data and report if I learn anything useful.

Peter

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry, I鈥檝e no idea. I couldn鈥檛 resist doing a lot of driving and sitting playing around with everything so it will have gotten charged anyway. It was my intention to look at the 12V state as soon as I got home, but the kid with a new toy in me took over everything I had planned :) . Sorry[/QUOTE
understandable I will be the same when I receive mine. 馃榿

1 - 11 of 11 Posts