Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In order to increase the wide adoption of fully Electric Vehicles, make all charging points accept contactless payments and ban mandatory sign up requirements for their use.

petition.parliament.uk

Petition: Make all Electric Vehicle Charging Points accept contactless payment.
In order to increase the wide adoption of fully Electric Vehicles, make all charging points accept contactless payments and ban mandatory sign up requirements for their use.
petition.parliament.uk
petition.parliament.uk

Spread the word.

·
Registered
ONTO/Evezy £50 Code: CADA7
1,173 Posts
It's already been posted here by someone else, and as has been pointed out it is already a requirement for new installations in the UK. That's the best you're going to get. If they were to force existing units to accept them, there are several models around that just can't support such a feature and then you would end up with more abandoned, non-working chargers and posts which would almost definitely be much more harmful for the adoption of EVs than having to use an app or RFID Card.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
So far as I can tell, if the government embraced this petition with open arms the only things that would be changed would be: all free charging units become illegal, all slow posts have to have contactless payment and therefore nobody installs any destination chargers, and Tesla units have to accept credit cards (but can still be restricted to Tesla cars).

Have I missed anything?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Indeed, not signing, as the free chargin unit issue, fact this would discourage vendor discount schemes, and is ALREADY law in that new chargepoints > 50kw must have this already. I really don't care enough about 3/7kw AC charging to sign.

Equally all the old units will be replaced eventually so no issue. Ecotricity without contactless is likely goiung to be LAST to fix as usual, but vote with feet and don't use them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts