Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Delayed charging/overnight is only working intermittently with 7kw Podpoint charger. Sometimes it charges fully from 00.30 sometimes it charges for an hour then stops, other times it does charge at all. Why does this happen? My electricity is supplied by Scottish Power.

·
Registered
2021 Citroën ë-C4 Shine Plus
398 Posts
You should only have one of the two set for charging overnight - the PodPoint, or the car - not both.
With the car's 'deferred' setting, you can only set the start time, not the stop.
Best then to use the PodPoint timed charging option, and leave the car's deferred setting to 'off'.

At least, that is my suggestion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You should only have one of the two set for charging overnight - the PodPoint, or the car - not both.
With the car's 'deferred' setting, you can only set the start time, not the stop.
Best then to use the PodPoint timed charging option, and leave the car's deferred setting to 'off'.

At least, that is my suggestion.
I haven’t touched my Podpoint since installed 18 months ago…so don’t delay charge on that! But I’ll try that via Pod point app…if I can figure it out!

·
Registered
Corsa-e 2020
1,203 Posts
Don't forget that if the PodPoint loses the WiFi signal, it reverts to dumb charger mode and any schedules set are ignored. Depending on whether there is any charge delay set in the car, this could be part of the problem. The PodPoint must have a valid WiFi connection for the scheduling to work.

·
Registered
EV6 GT Line and e208 GT
715 Posts
I seem to remember the on board scheduler just allows a start time to be set. You can't say add 60% charge or tell it to charge more slowly or tell it when to stop. I use an Ohme cable which allows me to set those things in the app. The key point is not to have anything set up on the car which conflicts with what your charger is trying to do as others have said.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.