Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, was wondering if anyone has driven either of these two hybrids? All the reviews say they're good cars but the transition from electric to hybrid is jerky. They also say the gearbox fumbles a bit on kick-down, giving a bit of delay when acceleration is required.

I hope to drive both these soon - lockdown dependent - before I decide for next car. But any opinions are welcome for pointers when I test drive.

Many thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have had a 508 hybrid since the beginning of March, not done that many miles due to the lockdown but can report that there is no jerkiness between the transition from petrol to electric. It is almost impossible tell when it happens unless you have the display that shows usage up on the screen. When in petrol there is obviously more noise but it is very subdued. Kickdown is fine. I think the must have sorted some of the problems that the early press cars had.
One thing though, the advertised 32 miles on a full charge is not possible, most I have had is 22 miles and it is normally less than twenty. But for me this is fine as I only do a couple of miles a day, when lockdown is finished I will be doing longer journeys at the weekends but I never expected to be using electric power for these.
When in hybrid the system tries to use electric power when it can, always pulling away on the battery even if it showing no charge.
All in all I am very happy with the car, no rattles or squeaks and everything working perfectly.
It is showing 120mpg at the moment but I have not used more than a couple of litres of petrol since lockdown as it has been in electric mode for 95% of the time

1 - 3 of 3 Posts