Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took delivery of a new 508SW Hybrid on Monday. When I picked the car up it was showing a range of 32 miles which I was expecting.
The battery was exhausted on the 120 mile trip back home and put on charge overnight.
The next day it was showinf 21 miles range on a full charge, and I have been getting the same result every morning, around 20 miles range.
I rang the dealer and he said is reflecting my driving style and would settle down to more range over time.
So the question is what am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
5,951 Posts
I'll avoid saying buying a PHEV, but instead say that they all do that as the GOM (Guess-o-Meter) range is based on your average driving. The "advertised" range is based on very gentle driving at low speeds, but I suspect that you are driving considerably faster particularly when using mixed power sources. Range is also lower in the cold, the wet, and windy conditions. The 508SW is a heavy vehicle (around 1,800 kg) with a relatively small 11.8 kWh battery. Typically for similar weight cars you can expect around 2.5 mile/kWh so you should get 25 miles range if you drive carefully and keep your speed down.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am a heavy footed driver and never get anywhere near advertised MPG
As it happens 20 miles is enough for me on a typical weekday, weekends is when I really use the car, with Journeys all over the UK and Europe.
I'll try to drive more gently!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yes. Agree with Dk above. Probably not doing anything too wrong just not the right time of year for best efficiency and the battery is only 11.8kWh total, likely less than 10 usable. You’ll have to see what it’s like on a warm, dry, sunny day with low traffic and a gentle right foot. May get closer to 30 then

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
I am a heavy footed driver and never get anywhere near advertised MPG
As it happens 20 miles is enough for me on a typical weekday, weekends is when I really use the car, with Journeys all over the UK and Europe.
I'll try to drive more gently!
so you never get near a petrol car MPG figures but don't understand why you don't get near an EV cars "MPG"

haha ;)

all thats happening is that you are depleting the electric within 20miles

it'll go up a bit in the summer

JJ

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes my fault, need lighter shoes! Not that bothered about consumption as I did not buy the car for economy reasons. Last car was a 280bhp petrol Skoda Superb, overall consumption was 28mpg over four years so anyting better than that is a plus.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts