Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Alessandro Giuseppe Antonio Anastasio Volta
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you are in the market for a 7-seater EV the choices are very limited. Obviously the four cousins (or 5 with the Opel) are all essentially the same but with small differences. They look very slightly different but what about equipment?

I know we do not know the prices for the UK currently but what are the spec differences that make one more compelling than another for you?

Details on the Toyota are thin at this point (July 2020) but it seems to have a longer battery warranty but what else is pushing you to pick one over another?

All The Mid-Size PSA Group Electric Vans (Commercial And Passenger)

The market launch of the Citroën ë-SpaceTourer in Europe is scheduled for the second half of 2020.
Citroën ë-SpaceTourer :

• up to 143 miles ( 230 km) of WLTP range with 50 kWh battery (18 modules)
  • up to 205 miles (330 km) of WLTP range with 75 kWh battery (27 modules)
  • 3 lengths (XS: 4.60 m - M: 4.95 m - XL: 5.30 m), interior layout possibilities that can accommodate from 5 up to 9 people
  • top speed of 130 km/h (81 mph)
  • front-wheel drive
  • 100 kW and 260 Nm electric motor
  • on-board charger: single-phase 7.4 kW or three-phase 11 kW
  • DC fast charging (by 80% SOC) in about 30 minutes (50 kWh) or about 45 minutes (75 kWh) using 100 kW charger
  • battery warranty (70% capacity): eight-year/160,000 km (100,000 miles).
  • Built on the EMP2 modular platform

·
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Interestingly I did a CarWow on the fossil version and these two had just £10 between them on list price,
Peugeot Traveller 2.0 BlueHDi 180 Long Allure and was offered as much as 29.3% off list price, almost £14K off or on the Citroen SpaceTourer it was 25.5% and just over £12K off. It will be interesting to see if big discounts are offered on the EV versions when they arrive. With 4 brands all selling the a very similar vehicle will that mean cut throat price competition?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I spoke to vauxhall today and the help desk told me that the price and booking for their version is opening on Wednesday - it will be very interesting to see how they price it vs their petrol version. I suspect as they talk a lot about the value over the life of the van that it will be a lot more - 50-60k

·
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did hear a Peugeot advert on the radio, for electric and it talked about saving "upto" £200 a month on an EV in fuel and servicing so if they push that then you may be correct.

Given big discounts are sometimes available on other models from PSA group it will be interesting to see what is available in the real world of inter-dealer competition rather than simply the list price.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I did hear a Peugeot advert on the radio, for electric and it talked about saving "upto" £200 a month on an EV in fuel and servicing so if they push that then you may be correct.

Given big discounts are sometimes available on other models from PSA group it will be interesting to see what is available in the real world of inter-dealer competition rather than simply the list price.
Certainly all the announcements around the electric seem to focus on the fact the price is higher (without giving the actual price away yet) but that you would gain that back in the lifetime of the vehicle.

We shall see, I hope the recent arrival of the Maxus edeliver 3 at an extremely competitive price of well below £30,000 (after grant and before tax) and 150 mile range persuade Vauxhall&co to keep the price down - too much above this and even with the extra 50 miles the Vivaro has it'll be a hard sell to most bushiness's

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Well the build a van option is up and it suggests prices start from £35k for the smaller battery and £39k for the larger one, that’ll be before tax but I can’t see if that takes into account the grant?

·
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Thomas, So it looks like with the vivaro-e panel van the price is roughly £10K more for the 50 kWh and £15K more for the 75 kWh

Guessing about the seated versions. The top spec Fossil SpaceTourer "Flair" without extras is about £47K list price - so that would make the 75 kWh in the ball park of £62K if the same premium is added - for context that is also the rumoured starting price for the Mercedes EQV 7 seater 90 kWh in base spec. That however seems low as the fossil version of that starts at £55K.

We can't have long to wait for prices now surely.

·
Registered
137 Posts
List prices will be interesting, although what people will actually get them for will be crucial. The ICE Spacetourer (and indeed the Vivaro van) can be had with £10-12k of discount though depending on spec.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
1,701 Posts
Got talking to my plumber neighbour yesterday. His SO has a Corsa-e on loan for a week or two from her job at a nearby Vauxhall dealer & he drives a diesel Vivaro.
He said they both love the Corsa, and she'll be asking for one as her permanent company car soon.
He was surprised & very interested to hear that the order books for the Vivaro-e had already opened and began talking about using his SO's staff discount for one.

·
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
"the Elite gets much more kit, it also comes with a far higher price tag. Where the 50 kWh L1H1 Dynamic panel van costs £28,361.66 on the road (plus VAT) once the government’s £8,000 Plug-In Van Grant is taken into account, the cheapest Elite model – the 75 kWh L1H1 panel van – comes in at £36,661.66 plus VAT."
from here,
Vauxhall Vivaro-e goes on sale with prices starting at around £28k+VAT

This has a useful list of spec and prices before and after grant,

Vauxhall announces price & specification for the Vivaro-e van - FleetPoint

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Peugeot and Citreon now announce their versions

I havent gone through line by line but it "looks" like the vauxhall is the most expensive version with peugeot and citreon undercutting slightly by a grand or two

Interesting that Peugeot is the only one to announce a crew cab version so far - The Professional is also available as a six-seat crew van, in the Standard body length and with the 75kWh battery only, priced at £34,070. Given the professional standard van is £31k though I wonder why it cost £3k to put a second row of seats in?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Different body panels. Extra doors. More glass. Seats cost money too.
I could be wrong, but I think it comes with dual sliding doors as standard, glass windows are an optional extra of £100-200 which is inline with fitting it yourself - I agree seats cost money, usually £1-£1.5k - that still makes the extra £3k somewhat unusual

Still, on a positive side the fact that its a factory option means it is possible to add the seats, so if they are overcharging for the crew van version then at least it would be possible to have it retrofitted if you just get the standard van

·
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The 6 seater still qualifies for the £8000 reduction/grant so it compares well to a £3000 on a "car" version.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts