Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to research from any source including Peugeot if it's possible to charge this car whilst sitting in the car or even whilst the doors are unlocked but charger locked in position. I see many other cars at charge points with families in the car and doors open?? It's inconvenient and costing me a fortune in coffee whilst waiting for the charge!

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,639 Posts
I have an e208 and it will charge with the doors unlocked and the vehicle occupied. I would imagine that it would be the same for the e2008.

Reactions: sungrad

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Yeah it's standard on most cars with type 2 connector. When you unlock the car the charging will pause briefly and unlock the connector so you can safely pull it out and unplug. If you leave it a few moments it should resume however.

·
Registered
Corsa-e 2020
1,170 Posts
The AC charging only stops if you unlock a passenger door. You can change the settings to only unlock the driver door which will not interrupt charging. You can still unlock the passenger door by pressing the fob unlock a second time or the driver door handle a second time. If you used the proximity unlock, you can unlock the passenger doors by using the unlock button on the console.

Not remaining in the car during charging is some tech writers' weird idea of safety. It's perfectly safe to sit in the car whilst charging, AC or DC.

·
42k miles on public charging. Am I an expert yet?
2,986 Posts
Ok thanks all, so the Peugeot handbook stating I should not remain in or near the car is misleading?
There is no safety reason why it's unsafe to sit in the car whilst it's charging. Most cars will allow you to have the car switched on (albeit not the traction equipment obiously) with AC/heating etc. too.

I can't think of any reason why it would be sensible to stop a charge just because the car is unlocked!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I’ve had a look at mine via the app and it says you shouldn’t sit in or around the car while fast charging if you have a pacemaker or equivalent device

if you don’t have one you will be fine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts