Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new to the forum. Hoping for some guidance. Have a E-208 Jan 20 build date. Had a PodPoint installed in late Jan this year. On Octopus Go. Didnt really drive much until i returnt to work last week. Whereby i needed more charge. For 6 consecutive days ive either deferred to charge starting 00:30. Or physically plugged it in for around midnight. I wake up and it usually doesnt charge for more then 90 mins, sometimes for as little as 20 mins before it stops charging or the car goes to sleep. Its early stages. I have all the proof from PodPoint who provided me a break down. Car is booked in to Peugeot for a weeks time. Im at odds to be honest. I tripped the charger last night, Left for an hour off. Started it. Made no difference. Help appreciated guys.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey guys, new to the forum. Hoping for some guidance. Have a E-208 Jan 20 build date. Had a PodPoint installed in late Jan this year. On Octopus Go. Didnt really drive much until i returnt to work last week. Whereby i needed more charge. For 6 consecutive days ive either deferred to charge starting 00:30. Or physically plugged it in for around midnight. I wake up and it usually doesnt charge for more then 90 mins, sometimes for as little as 20 mins before it stops charging or the car goes to sleep. Its early stages. I have all the proof from PodPoint who provided me a break down. Car is booked in to Peugeot for a weeks time. Im at odds to be honest. I tripped the charger last night, Left for an hour off. Started it. Made no difference. Help appreciated guys.

Hi, I have just signed up to this forum to reply to you. My car has the same issue also using a podpoint. Peugeot looked at it and decided the 'charge unit' needs replacing. They were very sure this is why I'm having this annoying fault. Mine was also built Jan 2020 and is on the latest software. It's booked on to be done next week. Until then I have to keep refreshing the app which often forces the car to start charging again

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have also just noticed you posted this 5 months ago so I assume you have had it fixed by now?

Hey Tats,

So the car in question was a 69 plate car. Reg EF69 WUP. I purchased the car from Harlow Peugeot. They werent very helpful. They done their checks. Couldnt find anything. I had asked podpoint to refit the charger. As a result i applied quite abit of pressure on Harlow Peugeot. Threatened legal action and forced through a buy back.

You cant sell a electric car that doesnt charge. I ended up negotiating a discount on a 21 plate E208.

I did ask about the 69 plate one delivery day. It got sold on after a week. With the customer complaining of the same issue. They then done more checks. It was a charger issue. As you had mentioned. I was told the warranty bill was over £7k

My experience with the 21 playe E208. Is alot better. Not perfect. Few times it has charged fully. But i dont suspect any hardware issues

·
Registered
17 Posts
So my local dealership have told me the part that's being replaced is extremely expensive too, but they have not said how much. It's great you managed to get them to take it back, i didn't realise when I bought mine that despite being a GT it didn't come with adaptive cruise control, so I wouldn't mind a buy back so I can get one that has it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
So update from me. The 69 plate got fixed and then I sold it and upgraded to a 20 plate which has the self drive feature. Now after 11k miles in the 20 plate it has started to do the same thing! I'm starting to regret choosing Peugeot!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Tatts Merry Xmas,

So the 20 plate you upgraded to DID come with the adaptive cruise?

After 11k miles its beginning to not charge fully. Have you made contact with Peugeot. Also whos the dealer your using?

Have you made contact with Peugeot UK. If not. Do so. I made a separate complaint with them, resulting in £500 credit note.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi marry Xmas to you too.

Yes the 69 plate I had didn't have adaptive cruise but the newer 20 plate one I bought does.

It hasn't been into the dealer yet but I will be taking it in ASAP. It's driving me mad to the extent I'm currently looking online at VW ID3 so I may just move away from Peugeot. It's a shame because I love the interior of my current car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi marry Xmas to you too.

Yes the 69 plate I had didn't have adaptive cruise but the newer 20 plate one I bought does.

It hasn't been into the dealer yet but I will be taking it in ASAP. It's driving me mad to the extent I'm currently looking online at VW ID3 so I may just move away from Peugeot. It's a shame because I love the interior of my current car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes. Please let me know how you get on. Before they look at it. Tell them your previous problems. Point them in right direction. Hopefully its more palatable. And DEFINETLY make a complaint to Peugeot UK. What dealer is your nearest?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.