Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am looking to see if anyone is or has been in the same situation as me. I placed an order in June for the e-2008 GT. I found the deal on Leasing.com. The company i was dealing with is bestcarfinder. They took a £300.00 admin fee. Finance agreement via Lex Autolease and the car was being order from Robins and Day West London. I was told to expect delivery in October. I started to chase for a delivery date at the end of September, to now being told by Bestcarfinder that Peugeot are no longer honouring the deal that i was provided with as they have production issues with the GT Model. The next available production of the GT Model is now January 2021, and they are also looking for around £130 extra each month.

Anyone aware of any production issues or can advise were i stand now?

Thanks

·
Registered
292 Posts
My daughter was looking at an e-2008 before buying her MG. There were some great lease deals on the GT but all were unavailable.

The dealer told me that Peugeot had withdrawn the GT and introduced the GT-line in its place do the Jesse companies are headlining cars that will never be available in order to upswell to a more scorn dive lease deal.

You may have fallen victim to this situation?

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Scam comes to mind. Peugeot delaying delivery and increasing the price after an order has been given to them? I don't believe that. :mad:
I would suggest that the order was never placed with Peugeot and the leasing company either assumed a future deal that didn't materialise or were late booking an offer. Either way, when is a contract not a contract? If your circumstances had changed due to your employer paying you less, would they accept you delaying for 6 months then paying £100 / month less?:rolleyes: I suspect not.

·
Registered
Peugeot e-2008 GT-LINE
93 Posts
Scam comes to mind. Peugeot delaying delivery and increasing the price after an order has been given to them? I don't believe that. :mad:
I would suggest that the order was never placed with Peugeot and the leasing company either assumed a future deal that didn't materialise or were late booking an offer. Either way, when is a contract not a contract? If your circumstances had changed due to your employer paying you less, would they accept you delaying for 6 months then paying £100 / month less?:rolleyes: I suspect not.
Yeah I'd agree sounds like could of been an admin error and someone forgot to order the car otherwise there would be hundreds of people in same boat.

·
Registered
Volkswagen e-Golf 2018
2,041 Posts
This all over the EV groups on Facebook. The consensus is that there there is a supply issue with e-2008 GT parts, so there are delays. Some dealers have said all orders are cancelled, but this is not true apparently. The dealers may prefer to lose a sale rather than have prospective buyers complaining for months.

·
Registered
Peugeot e-2008 GT-LINE
93 Posts
This all over the EV groups on Facebook. The consensus is that there there is a supply issue with e-2008 GT parts, so there are delays. Some dealers have said all orders are cancelled, but this is not true apparently. The dealers may prefer to lose a sale rather than have prospective buyers complaining for months.
Ahh I've not seen this I suspect it could be adaptive cruise control and would explain why some 208 where delivered without this?

·
Registered
428 Posts
My wife’s another “victim”.

I’d been in contact with the supplying dealer as recently as 2 weeks ago when the build date for the cars in this batch was still next week.

Having also spoken to the MD of BestCarFinder, and people at PSA since, my reading of the situation is that they’ve run out of a specific GT part, possibly the sunroof (it’s usually sunroofs that cause this trouble I find) or the seat fabric.

I was told PSA withdrew the terms they’d offered BCF. But I was also told that BCF weren’t prepared to progress with the GTs on order because of the indefinite delay on production and delivery.

We and I believe others were offered either a GT Line Nov/December delivery and more expensive, or a DS3 Crossback for immediate delivery from stock.

I’m also being told that the range is being updated for the 2021 model which is due to be launched anytime now. Standard kit on models is changing across the 2008 range. Plus the GT Line is being replaced by the GT and the GT Premium will become the top spec car.

Across the other forums GT customers of other lease firms have received news of delays into next year, so there is a common thread.

It’s certainly not a “scam” as has been suggested, not least because I’ve been offered my £300 back whether or not we’d gone for the alternatives or nothing at all - We don’t want either. Not paying more money for the same car with less kit. And the DS3 is utter bobbins. Looks like something Gerald Ratner would’ve designed, had Gerald Ratner chosen a different career.

It’s bluddy inconvenient though having ordered 3 months ago with an initial lead time of 4 to 6 weeks and nothing to show for it.

One way or another it’s most likely another victim of COVID. And at the end of the day, it’s just tin and rubber I s’pose 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
1 Posts

I’d been in contact with the supplying dealer as recently as 2 weeks ago when the build date for the cars in this batch was still next week.

Having also spoken to the MD of BestCarFinder, and people at PSA since, my reading of the situation is that they’ve run out of a specific GT part, possibly the sunroof (it’s usually sunroofs that cause this trouble I find) or the seat fabric.

I was told PSA withdrew the terms they’d offered BCF. But I was also told that BCF weren’t prepared to progress with the GTs on order because of the indefinite delay on production and delivery.

We and I believe others were offered either a GT Line Nov/December delivery and more expensive, or a DS3 Crossback for immediate delivery from stock.

I’m also being told that the range is being updated for the 2021 model which is due to be launched anytime now. Standard kit on models is changing across the 2008 range. Plus the GT Line is being replaced by the GT and the GT Premium will become the top spec car.

Across the other forums GT customers of other lease firms have received news of delays into next year, so there is a common thread.

It’s certainly not a “scam” as has been suggested, not least because I’ve been offered my £300 back whether or not we’d gone for the alternatives or nothing at all - We don’t want either. Not paying more money for the same car with less kit. And the DS3 is utter bobbins. Looks like something Gerald Ratner would’ve designed, had Gerald Ratner chosen a different career.

It’s bluddy inconvenient though having ordered 3 months ago with an initial lead time of 4 to 6 weeks and nothing to show for it.

One way or another it’s most likely another victim of COVID. And at the end of the day, it’s just tin and rubber I s’pose 🤷‍♂️
just bad luck isn’t it hopefully something good comes out of it. I’ve just placed an order for a e 208GT and i’m hoping that that’s not going to be delayed😭. And do you know if they are updating the on the range on them as well changing the names and that?

·
Registered
Volkswagen e-Golf 2018
2,041 Posts

I find it hard to believe that there will be a new model with more range. The battery is the most expensive component of course, and these PSA cars are already some of the cheapest on the market.

i’m waiting for a 208GT and the only reason I insisted on a Peugeot rather than a Corsa is the fact it has adaptive cruise control. It might sound a little sad, but I’m so used to ACC now that I couldn’t live without it. The way the delays are going I might switch back to plan A and get Volkswagen ID.3.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I find it hard to believe that there will be a new model with more range. The battery is the most expensive component of course, and these PSA cars are already some of the cheapest on the market.

i’m waiting for a 208GT and the only reason I insisted on a Peugeot rather than a Corsa is the fact it has adaptive cruise control. It might sound a little sad, but I’m so used to ACC now that I couldn’t live without it. The way the delays are going I might switch back to plan A and get Volkswagen ID.3.
The only changes I’ve been given a heads up on are to trim levels and the standard kit within them on the 2008.

PSA seem pretty much wedded to the current 50kWh battery. There’s no mention of changing that.

·
Premium Member
11,304 Posts
It’s certainly not a “scam” as has been suggested, not least because I’ve been offered my £300 back whether or not we’d gone for the alternatives or nothing at all
Giving you your fee back is the least you should expect, I got mine refunded simply because my ZE50 was delayed due to precondition issues!

A lease company entering into a binding contract with a buyer and then cancelling is pretty shady business practice. Do you have a lease deal they signed? If so, what does it say with regard to cancellation and price rises?

·
Registered
59 Posts
just bad luck isn’t it hopefully something good comes out of it. I’ve just placed an order for a e 208GT and i’m hoping that that’s not going to be delayed😭. And do you know if they are updating the on the range on them as well changing the names and that?
Hopefully the e-208 is unaffected. We ordered back in June with a company that already had some on order, we've finally got a delivery week in mid-November.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I notice in the last few days Peugeot garages have started swapping motors/inverters on defective cars. I wonder if the auxillary battery is being depleted faster than it can be recharged. The frequent steering and braking adjustments of the adaptive cruise and lane keeping must have a significant energy draw from the auxillary battery. The GT delay may be due to the need for a new part for auxillary battery charging. These cars were rushed to market to meet EU emissions regs. I've had a lot of problems with my GT in the first week of ownership, the penalty of being an early adopter. Hopefully when your cars eventually appear they will be sorted.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Giving you your fee back is the least you should expect, I got mine refunded simply because my ZE50 was delayed due to precondition issues!

A lease company entering into a binding contract with a buyer and then cancelling is pretty shady business practice. Do you have a lease deal they signed? If so, what does it say with regard to cancellation and price rises?
Any order for a new car on lease I’ve signed says something like “subject to change”.

Having been on the receiving end of this and with previous experience of lease firms, I don’t think there’s anything “shady” about this - Manufacturer can’t supply so neither can they.

Annoyed at the time, but beating fists isn’t going to change the outcome.

We’ve moved on and ordered something else.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I notice in the last few days Peugeot garages have started swapping motors/inverters on defective cars. I wonder if the auxillary battery is being depleted faster than it can be recharged. The frequent steering and braking adjustments of the adaptive cruise and lane keeping must have a significant energy draw from the auxillary battery. The GT delay may be due to the need for a new part for auxillary battery charging. These cars were rushed to market to meet EU emissions regs. I've had a lot of problems with my GT in the first week of ownership, the penalty of being an early adopter. Hopefully when your cars eventually appear they will be sorted.
What issues have you had? I’ve had my GT since June and suffered no problems whatsoever

·
Registered
211 Posts
What issues have you had? I’ve had my GT since June and suffered no problems whatsoever
Active cruise has signalled an error twice and shut down. Parking sensors stopped once. Proximity key failed four times, key fob unresponsive. Had to extract key and put in lock each time. Last time when charging, couldn't remove cable from car socket. Tried disconnecting battery, nothing. After 15 minutes all faults rectified on there own. Front disc brakes failed to release.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Active cruise has signalled an error twice and shut down. Parking sensors stopped once. Proximity key failed four times, key fob unresponsive. Had to extract key and put in lock each time. Last time when charging, couldn't remove cable from car socket. Tried disconnecting battery, nothing. After 15 minutes all faults rectified on there own. Front disc brakes failed to release.
Jeez you’ve suffered!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts