Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all not sure if this is the right place to post but does anyone know the location of the obd2 port on a peugeot ion? I have had a good look under the drivers side footwell but nothing.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have found the obd2 port on our ion at last. Local mechanic friend found it in 10 seconds! Its directly under steering wheel and down 12 inches just under rim of plastic panel.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Havent managed to get cheapo dongle to work with bluetooth and canion yet but havent had much time. Maybe have a play tomorrow.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think mines a ELM327 as well. Thanks for that i will not spend much time on that then. I was only going to look at the battery with it. I dont think its to bad though range seems about right to me. What sort of range are other ion/imiev/czeros getting?

·
Registered
293 Posts
As I say just had ours a fortnight and I suspect it was sitting and round for a while. It's been used everyday and charged up a lot with us so I think the battery should be happier now too.

It seems that with no heater or air con use and just round town driving 75 miles is acheivable Looking for more in summer !
As collected from garage tyres were well under inflated too....

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Nero. We are now getting 70-75 miles at 50-55mph since we inflated tyres to 38psi as long as no heat or ac and no rain or wind. Think thats about the limit though with 2 of us in the car.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I'm not using heater at all:) I didn't need it so far:) but just in case I'm keeping two heated vests (operated by AA batteries) in my boot and 2 heated seats (I need them often:D), saves a lot of miles :rolleyes: probably:D

·
Registered
293 Posts
We've used heater once and that only when the wife complained in the back about the cold. I got two heated covers from conrad. ..seem good quality and nice and toasty. As the car is small there is plenty of slack in the lead to feed it under itself as it's a LHD design of cover. ...

I try and have a light foot but the cut and thrust of Manchester traffic needs full Wang away from lights sometimes. ...much to other drivers surprise !

·
Registered
293 Posts
I've relented and come back from the supermarket trip with the heater on. Rather pleased to see the 'economy needle' actually reacting to the use of the heater too... at standstill it would normally show zero with it off, but the needle sat half an inch into the green zone and could be moved by turning the heater on and off.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50 2020, Volkswagen ID.3
406 Posts
I've never gone further than 65 miles on a charge - but there were still 2 boxes left on the fuel gauge. I do have a heavy foot, and one of our frequent journeys involves joining a fast dual carriageway from a standing start at the bottom of a long steep hill, only to have to slow right down at the top for a roundabout. That's a proper battery muncher.
We don't do much slow town driving, as we tend to walk rather than drive locally.

Reactions: Lee Dalton

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I love my Ampera, as does the wife, but I really fancy a longer EV range for mid range journeys. 200 miles in a day seems reasonable if the charging infrastructure is working.
Plus from the start of January my office will be a 75 mile round trip, rather than 15 miles, which means I will have to use petrol every day :(

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.