Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

521 - 529 of 529 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hello just wondering if there's anyone there haha, as I posted the above messages. A fortnight ago
Thanks in advance.
Also wanted to ask, has anyone replaced the charger in their Peugeot partner tepee?
We would like to replace ours, and wanted to know what a good replacement would be?
Thank you very much indeed kindest regards to you all.
Donald and Andrew

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well I bit the bullet and bought one of the Partner Tepee's. Brother is based in Glasgow so drove it home. Just short of 200 miles, crossed at Troon and made it to its new home in less than two days over three and a bit charges. Home is Fermanagh in Northern Ireland!! I am an engineer with an interest in all things renewable so figured this could be my next project. Looking forward to the learning curve and the experience. Any recommendations on good technical reads/books that will bring me up to speed with the tech would be greatly appreciated?
Good evening, I hope you are well - this is a bit of a shot in the dark " BUT " we have bought a Peugeot ePartner Tepee which was first registered on the 21-01-2011 To Glasgow City Council
converted or installed by Allied Electrical of Glasgow who as you know, closed down/went bust. We are trying to bring the vehicle back to life but cannot obtain any information or technical
manual to work from or to. Can you help in any way please !! ? In hopeful anticipation. Kind regards John. ( I will be away from this computer now until tomorrow )

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi there John.
Well we have one just the same.
And firstly we are no expert in electric cars or anything.all we can advise is what we did and do with ours.
Which hopefully may help you.
Firstly, is the car running??
Secondly has it been stood, not running for any length of time??
If so how long.
We need to know them fact's before we can go any further.
A lot of what you need to do next depends on the answers to them questions really.
Kindest regards Donald and Andrew.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Donald and Andrew, thanks for replying. you never know :)
to the questions:
No the car isn't running - we bought it for parts and need to see what we have before we decide what to do with it. that said if we could get it going we would have gained valuable experience... before turning it into a boat drive or something useful.
It has been stood for a couple of years (at least three that we know of)
I would be interested in hooking it up to a diagnostic, but without any info I don't know what which program to use or how to connect the pc to the car. it has a round connector under the bonnet and a 9 pin pc connector under the dash?
any advice would be greatly appreciated,
John
(back tomorrow again)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi there, regarding the connecting of a computer etc, grumpy b or Donald are your best bet there.
I would say that regarding waking it up, you need to either -
Charge the auxiliary battery.
Or pop a new one in, before you do anything.
Then if you got a cable that's yellow and has a 3 pin normal plug on the end. Use that to slowly trickle charge it up ( if your not easy or confident dropping and opening the battery box)
Otherwise ask grumpy b or Donald regarding charging the cells individually.
Hope all goes well whichever way you choose to do it.
We had a 12v flooded lead acid battery which was sat for 2 years in our utility room.
We charged it up and run a desulfurization charge on our charger, and it's now in our partner tepee!!
Fully working and fine.
Take care

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi everybody my Boxer van has issues, and also possibly requires a few cells, so I went out and bought another complete none runner for spares, or possibly to repair. this one has only done 1870 miles in total, mine has just gone over 4000, what superb vehicles these must be. The vehicle was just to high to fit in the shop, so I had to drop the pack in the yard, now its off, ive rolled it into the shop on a pallet truck and 5" dia tubes, not ideal, I don't know about a 2 post lift, I would have been a lot happier on a good level hardstanding. What did trip me up though, was the big hump at the front of the pack, the high voltage switch gear ect. I assumed the pack was the same height all along, and it was only after lowering onto tubes, and also removing the 1 ton of breeze blocks I had fitted earlier to compress the suspension, and lower the height that I had placed inside earlier, before I could see the hump, and jacking up the van later as an after thought made it even worse, hence the couple of pics I have posted if anybody else is considering doing the same. Now ive done it like this, I intend to just use my 16mm stud clamping kit from my milling machine, using progressively longer studs to lower, and far more important to use in reverse, which will keep everything in alignment naturally when bringing back up, time consuming, but I don't fancy lumbering those breeze blocks back in and out either. At least now its in bits, its nice to see inside, and at least its not half full with water as some have been found, will keep you posted. yours Dave

·
Registered
23 Posts
Looking good David.
I do like the idea of having the pack firmly rolling on the ground with little risk of it falling too far. Thanks for the pics, Keep us posted.(y)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi everybody I've now split the pack up into 6 lumps at 48v for safety, and found a few cells low, and a couple at 0v so it needed to come out. I had hoped, to just swap the packs over onto my roadworthy van, but this will not now be the case, and I will have to make one good pack from both packs. Before I split them up into individual cells, I would prefer to number each cell for reference, but also as per the same data stream/ slave numbers, does anybody know offhand which is which. Also when I rebuild I would like to charge the pack at full voltage before it goes back, and hope to use the vans 240v Zivan to do so, is it possible to get the charger to charge the pack direct, whilst not communicating with it, ie by using a jumper wire and or a resistor? or flicking a dill switch, anything to fool it into thinking its canbus is connected. I realise I will have to monitor the pack very very very closely when doing so, as it will just keep pumping away until it destroys the pack. At the moment ime charging the pack up in 48v lumps, for 4 hours each, and although they settle very well, ime sure the pack will be all over the place, when reconnected, and being able to drip feed several small charges at full voltage I can settle the pack, and hopefully weed out any issues before it all goes back in. Yours Dave

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
You cant put the pack in and charge it unless you have previously balanced the pack. The balance routine in the Axeon kit seems very inconsistent, So you replace the cells in the pack, balance the cells to within around 0.1v and then install the pack. But you still dont know how it will then charge. The BMS is set to not to alow system fuction if any cells are outside the 0.45v difference. Hence one reason why you have to get them balanced before you install. Then you dont know how they will charge, ie which cells are going to go high voltage towards the end of the charge. Then there is the question as to why the cells were low voltage in the first place. Peopel tend to assume the cell has failed. Its more often an issue with the BMS taking down that cell. And if that hasnt been addressed then you will see the same situation very soon after swapping in new cells. Before you took it all out of the vehicle you took a listing from the BMS, so also use that to ensure that any of the temp sensors are also reading correctly. Thats a big issue and I have seen a lot of failed temp sensors. That will stop charging and driving . CALB cells are really fully charged at 3.6v, so when putting cells back into a pack, its good to aim for that voltage across the pack. Then you will be close to being top balanced, which is what the BMS is seeking to achieve. The higher / nearer to full you can get before putting back in to the vehicle, the less divergenece you will get when its on charge as a pack. I have a number of ways of adding charge, and taking charge out, depending on the number of cells and the differences . There is no specific process, just what works for you. But whatever you do dont over charge and dont forget to remove any discharge device before it takes the cell too low.

521 - 529 of 529 Posts