Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some Facebook users are reporting phantom drain with their ID.3, with one going from 80% to 62% in less than 4 days.

Has anyone else seen this?

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,652 Posts
I haven’t experienced anything like that, fortunately, mine sits happily at whatever battery percentage I’ve left it at for days on end.

Given the other stuff going on though, I wouldn’t be surprised to hear of such a thing, but if it was common I expect it would be on here by now?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've left mine for a week undriven during very cold weather and had neither any phantom drain nor any problems with my 12v battery. It's definitely a massive lottery with the ID. 3.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've left mine for a week undriven during very cold weather and had neither any phantom drain nor any problems with my 12v battery. It's definitely a massive lottery with the ID. 3.
Could be auxiliary air con enabled and keys close it to unlock a lot

or

a 12v drain issue and main battery recharging it a lot more than usual

Or

Very short trips just enough to start battery heating cycle ie they think they’ve only done 10 miles in 10 days but battery heating eating through charge

Needs some time hunting through power use with right odb2 donglr

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,652 Posts
Is it possible that a departure timer, or more than one, has been setup?

The e-Golf would pre-heat the cabin from battery, I assume the ID.3 does as well?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Is it possible that a departure timer, or more than one, has been setup?

The e-Golf would pre-heat the cabin from battery, I assume the ID.3 does as well?
It can and very easy to have it set up for every day too.

Fingers crossed the system has logging that can be seen in diagnostics. Exposing more of these sort of records to the console would be a good addition,
Plus on data page indicator of power use ftom battery heating

·
Registered
2020 VW ID3 Life 58kWh
489 Posts
We've got scaffolding up at the moment so we haven't gone anywhere in ours for a week apart from moving it out of the way of the workmen and it's gone from 80% to 78% including putting the blowers on full blast to defrost it one morning so no problems here.... well no phantom drain problems there are a few other niggles but nothing major.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts