Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Leaf 30kWh, HS PHEV
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last night I order Phev box after getting tired of kickstarting the ICE unintentionally

Does anyone here have any experience with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Outlander PHEV App - EvBatMon.
133 Posts
Last night I order Phev box after getting tired of kickstarting the ICE unintentionally
Does anyone here have any experience with it?
Not first hand, however I know a guy in Netherlands who said it was great when he owned his PHEV. You do get used to not starting the ICE, and me the PHEV box was just too expensive for the benefit and I could not justify it.

·
Registered
Leaf 30kWh, HS PHEV
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not first hand, however I know a guy in Netherlands who said it was great when he owned his PHEV. You do get used to not starting the ICE, and me the PHEV box was just too expensive for the benefit and I could not justify it.
My main usage of Outlander is around town plus occasional drive around UK / Europe. Based on my usage, I need to fill up every 3 months - most ICE usage is due to it being too quick in detecting kickback.
In winter, ICE came up even though cabin was preheated (as external temp was too low)

I really wanted to long range BEV but one makes do with the cards that are dealt

·
Registered
Leaf 30kWh, HS PHEV
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Installed the Phev box with the ice stop sensor.
The rivets were a pain but otherwise a breeze

·
Registered
Leaf 30kWh, HS PHEV
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No more ICE starting up. Not just have to hack the eco switch to automatically start

1 - 5 of 5 Posts