Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I’m currently awaiting a A class 250e phev and am looking at my charging options.

Would a dedicated outdoor 13 amp socket be a suitable option, such as

and if so would it wired as any other out door plug or as a ev charging point?

Or would the Ohme commando option from octopus be better?

If I go for the ohme option can the it be pulled apart to allow the plug and box to be inside my garage plugged in constantly and just the car plug on the outside of the garage to plug into the car?

or can the plug be removed to allow it to be hard wired?

Sorry for all the questions and if it’s been covered before.

Thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
13amp outdoor socket will be fine, but it'll be slow to charge. 32amp will obviously be better especially for a PHEV that generally you want to be charging all the time to use as much EV as possible, Ohme via Octopus is one of the cheapest ways to get 7kwh charge poin\t, you need the correct upstream installation though, depending on what you've got currently this may or may not be straight forward.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
5 hours on a 13A plug with the probability of the socket suffering over time - the 13A sockets are not the best when run at 10A for hours on end day in day out.
The Ohme Commando version would bring the charge time down to 2 hours using a 32A commando. You usual spark should be able to quote for fitting a suitable commando socket. With Octopus go at 5p a unit it would make for a cheap charge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.