Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the latest software installed at the beginning of November. The dealership assured me that it included updated maps but I can see no difference whatsoever. It gives the nearest charging point as a dealership that ceaserd trading nearly three years ago and doesn't include the Morrison's charging points that have been installed for two years. In fact, it does not show any of the charging points that have been active for more than two years. Has anyone else had the same problem?
My other issue concerns voice dialling from my phone. I had no problem with this until the new software upload. Now, when I try to voice dial a number it either keeps asking me to repeat the number or plays back a totally different number or asks to repeat the command. My phone book has downloaded as I can tap contacts to dial on the screen. Again, has anyone had the same problem?

·
Registered
498 Posts
I saw no improvement in the maps, but I have the US version.

Occasionally the car goes stupid, and it does not understand anything I say.... turn off the car and try again.. It happens maybe every 2 to 3 weeks, has since the car was new, and I am on second software upgrade, just crummy software as I have expressed before. I drive my Audi and it's nirvana by comparision, but the Audi cost twice as much, so I am not upset.

Greg

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The voice commands for radio and media work fine on mine - it's just the voice dialling y name that's the problem. It will respond to a phone number but will not accept, for example, 'Dial home' - the previous software version had no difficulty with dialling by name.
It does make you wonder why manufacturers bother installing it in the first place.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I had the latest software installed at the beginning of November. The dealership assured me that it included updated maps but I can see no difference whatsoever. It gives the nearest charging point as a dealership that ceaserd trading nearly three years ago and doesn't include the Morrison's charging points that have been installed for two years. In fact, it does not show any of the charging points that have been active for more than two years. Has anyone else had the same problem?
My other issue concerns voice dialling from my phone. I had no problem with this until the new software upload. Now, when I try to voice dial a number it either keeps asking me to repeat the number or plays back a totally different number or asks to repeat the command. My phone book has downloaded as I can tap contacts to dial on the screen. Again, has anyone had the same problem?
Post a picture of your screen that shows the software and map versions and someone will tell you whether you have the latest versions.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Post a picture of your screen that shows the software and map versions and someone will tell you whether you have the latest versions.
Checking against other posts, I am sure I have the latest software but I'm not sure if the map version is to be found somewhere else on the screen.

Font Gadget Display device Multimedia Screenshot

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
'19 i3 120Ah / '20 Kona 64kWh / '21 e208 / '22 ID.3 Family
3,777 Posts
Checking against other posts, I am sure I have the latest software but I'm not sure if the map version is to be found somewhere else on the screen.

View attachment 140455
I’m pretty sure you just scroll down for the map version.

I’ve noticed that quite a few of the screens in the Kias and Hyundais have more settings and details than are immediately obvious because you need to scroll down to see them - and there is no scroll bar or other indication that you can scroll down. The only way of finding them is to try scrolling down on each page.

ETA - looking at these photos closely now I can actually make out a faint scroll bar! But it wasn’t remotely obvious when sat in the car!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well you learn something new every day! I didn't realise you could scroll down this screen. Anyway, this is the latest map version I have.
Font Display device Technology Gadget Multimedia

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone for your help in this. It would appear that, even though I have the latest software, firmware and maps, the charging stations indocated on maps are way out of date. I'm not very impressed by that although I wouldn't change my E-Niro. I'll just have to rely on Zapmap for charging on the road.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Thanks everyone for your help in this. It would appear that, even though I have the latest software, firmware and maps, the charging stations indocated on maps are way out of date. I'm not very impressed by that although I wouldn't change my E-Niro. I'll just have to rely on Zapmap for charging on the road.
That will always be the way. It'd make much more sense for car manufacturers to just use a tried and tested method for maps that gets updated regularly via their already-existing data connections.

·
Registered
Kia Eniro 4+
382 Posts
You may have already done this but it sounds as if you haven’t.
Press nav
Press Kia live
Choose live charging stations
Then near current position
Or near destination
Or near scroll mark
Or city centre
Lists stations with a small map.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for that suggestion Billy the Kid - another one to follow up. I don't have mobile phone reception where I live so this morning I drove to where there was a signal and followed your instructions (I've never used KIA Live) in eager anticipation. Unfortunately, it wouldn't allow me to connect with any of the Kia Live options. I'll have to look further into it to find the reason for this. I have a similar issue with the UVO which used to connect when I had a signal but now doesn't since I had the software upgrade.
We love having an electric car but living in an area with no mobile phone signal is a major handicap - we can't use the full functionality of the Zappi charger because of this. We had a Smart meter installed a few months ago but that was spointless for the same reason!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts