Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I suppose this isn’t technically an EV question, but it is for my EGolf, so I’m grasping at straws for any replies! I have now tried 4 different mobile phone holders for the car and none of them are any good. The ones that slot into the air vents are useless as my phone, IPhone 11 Pro Max, weighs so much the phone always points down. Any advice or tips on a decent one gratefully received. I used to have one that fitted into the cd slot but as that’s now in the glove box it’s not an option. I’m not fussed on costs as I’m more interested in it doing the job properly. Cheers in advance.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
7,836 Posts
I always swore by Brodit mounts and holders when I used to mount phones.

There are a number of options, not the cheapest but solid once fitted, and if you change phones you can change just the holder and not the mount. You can get powered mounts too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have had good results with Brodit mounts. You will need a Proclip that fits your car, and then the phone holder that fits to the Proclip.
Any chance you could send me a link please? Are they available on Amazon?
Another vote for Brodit - not cheap, but do the job properly.
thank you. Do they require permanent fixings? Can’t seem to find one for my car. Also, my car is leased so will have to be careful about what I do to it.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
7,836 Posts
There’s a link in my post #3.

Choose the mount you want, then search for the part number on Amazon if you need to.

Do the same for the holder for your phone.

They fit using the gaps in the dash trim and often removable adhesive pads as well. There’ll be no sign when you remove it.

·
Registered
VW eGolf
408 Posts
Yep, Brodit and/or Dashmount when I used to mount phones. Haven’t bothered since Carplay became a thing.

Mk7 Golf dashmount looks similar to what I used on my fabia, pull off the fascia and it uses one of the stereo mounting screws. Really solid mount and completely reversible, no sticky pads to clean up after. VW Golf VI1 11/2012>

·
Registered
1,621 Posts

thank you. Do they require permanent fixings? Can’t seem to find one for my car. Also, my car is leased so will have to be careful about what I do to it.
If you follow the link in Tooks' post you can select the details for your car, and decide where you want the mount - for most cars there are 2 or 3 different options.

Never had any issues removing them from my car when I got rid of them, leaving no trace.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cheers guys, that’s a great help. I’ll let you know how I get on. Happy to pay more for a quality product. I know CarPlay is decent, but when I’m in the car and not going anywhere, ie, waiting for the Mrs or daughter, I watch Sky sports or Netflix, so I need the mount at a fairly high position to enjoy it. The vent holders are just flimsy!

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
I use RAM mounts for a lot of phone holding, but fixing the base to a car can be tricky or need holes drilling. They are perhaps more on the 'industrial' side of the market :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts