Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Phone is not responding

3K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Ian McVey 
#1 ·
Hi there

Anyone else getting this error "Phone has stopped responding" on the infotainment when using android auto lately.

If you plug the usb out and in again, it reconnects. This fix is only temporary and it crashes again shortly afterwards. The cable I am using is a v3 (blue tiped) and it still charges the phone when this error happens.Tried rebooting the phone but no change. Make aa almost unusable. Anyone else getting this error.

Dbran

#2 ·
This is likely to be a very phone model dependant issue. So it would probably help if you describe the phone make and model and Android version you are using. I’m an Apple guy so can’t help. Sorry.
Peter

#7 ·
My S8 running Android 9.0
(usually) works with AA. I have a lock screen timeout and some extra security apps as this is a work phone. Sometimes if I let the phone go to sleep AA will drop. However if I unlock the phone, accept the connection then AA works without any dropouts.

#10 ·
I get issues with Android Auto if I plug in the cable the wrong way into my phone. Which is very odd considering it is a USB Type C connection that is designed to be plugged in either way.
One way works fine, the other way, the phone still charges but AA crashes.
HTC U11 running Oreo.

#12 ·
Must be damage. I have cables that fail when you put a little stress on them and then connect fine when the stress is removed. When you put a cable in the other way up there's still a little twist that happens and this could be enough to drop the connection but still sufficient integrity to charge the device.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.