Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, currently have a 4+ on order and have already picked up a few tips and tricks from the forum, much appreciated.
I have a Samsung S10 and am looking to use the Android Auto feature on the car. Obviously it needs to be plugged in via the USB on the front console, but for those that use it, where do you put your phone? The area below doesn't look particularly grippy and the phone would seemingly slide all over the place, is there space to have it plugged in whilst on the charging pad above?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hello everyone, currently have a 4+ on order and have already picked up a few tips and tricks from the forum, much appreciated.
I have a Samsung S10 and am looking to use the Android Auto feature on the car. Obviously, it needs to be plugged in via the USB on the front console, but for those that use it, where do you put your phone? The area below doesn't look particularly grippy and the phone would seemingly slide all over the place, is there space to have it plugged in whilst on the charging pad above?
I think the charging pad is fairly grippy enough, but as I don't have a wireless charging phone I store my phone in the cup holder caddy in the centre console. I feed the cable from the usb socket through the purpose-made hole in the binnacle. I leave the roller blind closed, hence my phone is out of sight in the event I accidentally forget to remove it when exiting the car.

Reactions: max

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the charging pad is fairly grippy enough, but as I don't have a wireless charging phone I store my phone in the cup holder caddy in the centre console. I feed the cable from the usb socket through the purpose-made hole in the binnacle. I leave the roller blind closed, hence my phone is out of sight in the event I accidentally forget to remove it when exiting the car.
Thanks for this Bob, I didn't realise there was a hole for feeding through the cable.
I think you've solved it for me!

·
Registered
616 Posts
I use the space underneath. Doesn't move around when driving at all. Seems silly to use the wireless charging pad since you then can't charge another phone whilst yours is plugged in.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I use the space underneath. Doesn't move around when driving at all. Seems silly to use the wireless charging pad since you then can't charge another phone whilst yours is plugged in.
Cant 2 phones charge fitted-in end-on, or doesn't wireless charging work like that?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Maybe but the space isn't very deep and phones are stupidly long these days so it'd be a bit awkward with them sticking out. I usually put a phone in their sideways.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I don't have a phone with wireless charging capabilities, but I do store it in the space designed for that, and it doesn't move at all.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Wireless charging is a negotiated protocol. Only one device at a time.
I don't have a wireless charging phone, but interesting to know.

every day is a learning day!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello .. I also have a 4+ and use android auto.. the area below where the drivetrain would normally be is actually very grippy. I've never had any issues with the phone slipping around .. enjoy !

·
Registered
34 Posts
You never stop learning new stuff about this car 🙂

1 - 11 of 11 Posts