Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, Just joined waiting on my first Ev in a couple weeks :) .I have been driving round charge points in my local area see where they are plus if being used often.I have noticed combustion engine cars parking in Ev zones?. Also Ev owners parking cars but not charging?. Cannot wait for laws to change if not using charge point will be fined!.Be great to have a website where we could upload photos of cars parking in Ev areas not using charge point. If all Ev owners parked up at fuel pumps and went shopping for a few hours what would they say?.Ps Sorry for moaning :cool: .

·
Registered
118 Posts
Whilst I echo your sentiments the idea would be pointless. EV owners know it happens and would only get annoyed and ICE car owners don't care and would not be visiting the website anyway. Two things need to change in my opinion. Firstly a 'no parking unless charging' restriction for all cars enforceable by penalty charges and also an overstay charge for EV owners plugged in but fully charged much as Tesla already do. The only good news is that as more EV owners appear there will be less ICE owners to block the charging.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was at a charger last night. 3 of us waiting to get a charge and one man on charger determined that we all had to wait till he got full 100% charge.
🤬

If there is a que 80% is good for anyone at a rapid charger.

·
Registered
Skoda Enyaq Sportline 80 (soon...)
188 Posts
When I was at Uni they 'enforced' parking permits by using these awful stickers that told you not to park as you didn't have a permit. The beauty of them is when you try to peel them off they were anti-tamper type that left a load of bits behind that tool ages to clean off. No damage to the car but a right PITA. We need some of these for these kinds of cars ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts