Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

No real news, Elon made one statement about superchargers, anyone who orders one today will be able to drive the southern british isles by the time they get their car, and the entire british isles by the end of next year. That says to me there is a delay rolling out superchargers

other than that was a nice even and got to meet some nice people

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Excellent Jon, so when is your delivery date now? Hope you take some more photos/videos on your delivery :)

/Jealous :)

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
currently scheduled first week of July but expecting a delay given most of this weeks deliveries are pushed back a week or two. Yes will post some pics when It arrives

·
Soul EV & Tesla Model S
269 Posts
Hi Jon. I'm another one that would love to see pictures and especially video of your delivery. Be great to have your first impressions. I think I've watched just about every video on the models s. Uk perspective on uk roads from an owner would be brilliant.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
There is some new news in the press release. The Crystal SC is not temporary - it is the first of Tesla's inner city superchargers. They are planning to roll them out round London. This is absolutely fantastic news - free fuel 'forever' and no congestion charge makes owning a Model S in London extremely attractive, even a basic spec 60.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes just read that press release, thats great news, if you look at the blue tesla pic you will see two type 2 stations I saw at least 8 more around the area. Also a single Chademo station of a type I have not seen before, unfortunately I did not get a pic of it

·
Registered
538 Posts
Was a good afternoon out. Although I'm now stuck at Runcorn on the train. Something about power lines being broke. :-(

The next few weeks are going to be verrrrrry looooooong! :p

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for those pictures. That is wonderful news that the Model 'S' RHD is now reality. We are still wondering when they will arrive in New Zealand. Delivery in Australia is anticipated to be September so NZ should be after that .. Regards, Peter

Attachments

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Super stuff! cant wait to see one in the wild although I have hardly seen many Leafs so will have to keep them peeled, id bet Jon is even more like a kid before xmas now! ha ha, I really hope the model S helps to generate positive press for all of us EV drivers, even if you cant afford a Model S there are many more options now for people to go electric with, we have just had a fantastic holiday in our Leaf, over 450 miles in a week with not 1 single problem you can still make shorter range cheaper cars work.

That said the Model S is very high on the shopping list for the next car :)

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Impressive mileage there Knoxie. You are correct in saying the rapids do seem a bit more reliable lately - is it to do with the weather now we are into summer?

I am seeing more and more LEAFs they are steadily growing in numbers. Always a good thing to see people making the move to EVs.

Think its gonna have to be a Model E for me.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
The rapids are a lot more reliable now, we had no problems, I would bet a lot of the problems are vandalism, 2 of the chargers we went too had 1 or more of the connectors thrown on the ground and we noticed 1 with the filter kicked in as well? weird mentality folks have, its funny I notice a mix when watching peoples faces when they see me charging, some smile and almost snigger? as if to say what are they doing? others look baffled and others are genuinely interested.

Ignorance is the key to be honest, on holiday we had some young kids scribe gay in the dust that had settled on the boot, we cracked up to be honest ha ha, every single car that has tried to race me from the traffic lights has failed, I have not been beat once in a year on that, If I am gay then gay is good.

My 2 year old laughs out loud when I hit the throttle, we have a gen-1 and I think we have a good one, acceleration in my car is very very quick, I am thinking its been chipped, I must get a meter on it.

Model S we can afford but may hang on for the X, I even like the I3 too, I am in no hurry though, I am going to watch how the electric highway expands and how its reliability changes, I would be fine with the Model S but the missus doesnt like the size and prefers the Leaf, she also doesnt need the range or the speed and doesnt like the screen.

Perhaps we should have both! ha ha.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Was a good afternoon out. Although I'm now stuck at Runcorn on the train. Something about power lines being broke. :-(

The next few weeks are going to be verrrrrry looooooong! :p
We were also stuck on a train just outside Runcorn, the 19:07 from Euston? At least we get our money back for the delay...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts