Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can’t find any notes at all about ‘predictive hybrid strategy’ in either of the manuals that came with my 2020 advance.

I’ve learnt most of what I need from here though could someone please confirm:

1. if phs still works when I select the fastest route mode - this is my default
2. Do I have to put it in hybrid mode myself - the car won’t auto transfer away from e-mode

cheers

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,867 Posts
From what I remember of my GTE, the answer to both questions is yes.

However, after driving the car on familiar routes, you’d probably be getter changing the drive mode yourself. In winter, I would sometimes purposefully engage the ICE to warm the car as I knew it wouldn’t do the journey on battery power alone anyway.

·
Registered
VW Passat GTE
676 Posts
This is the limit of what I've found in the manual for my GTE:
Text Font Line Number

Basically, stick it in hybrid and it'll use the satnav data.

It seems to do the job with some amount of sense. I was doing a 20 mile round trip (well within the electric range), so as an experiment, I programmed the route into the satnav, flicked the car to hybrid mode and, once it had done the initial engine warmup, the car did the rest of the drive entirely on battery. When doing the same drive in hybrid mode without the satnav programmed, and it runs the engine for the faster bits of road.

Using PHS with the battery reserving is my preferred way of running the car for longer drives. I programme the satnav for my next destination, use the "Up" and "Down" buttons on the hybrid settings screen to reserve some battery for later use and let the car figure out how to use the unreserved battery range based on the route. Doing this makes the car generally do what I would do manually, and it also makes sure that I have a decent amount of EV range for subsequent trip legs without having to programme my entire route into the satnav.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Excellent, thanks.

I think I’ll ensure I do similar when I know I won’t be charging at destination so I leave some battery for return leg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts