Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pick up appointment Is Sept 2 still don't have registration plate.
Anyone else picking up Sept 2 from Southampton UK. If so do you
have your registration plate? I have a VIN.
Thanks

·
Registered
164 Posts
My pick up appointment Is Sept 2 still don't have registration plate.
Anyone else picking up Sept 2 from Southampton UK. If so do you
have your registration plate? I have a VIN.
Thanks
Congratulations! You’ll be one happy model 3 owner I’m sure. For what it’s worth, I got my reg the day before my pick up date, so there’s plenty of time yet 👍🏻

·
Registered
164 Posts
Thanks MarkP3D
That has reassured me some. Starting to get a little excited now!!
Not a problem. When I picked my up there was a guy there who had broken his phone, so didn’t get his reg till on the day, and then the service center let him use a phone to ring up for insurance, so it can be done last minute. You’ll love the car, trust me!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok have the car now, fantastic car really pleased. The pickup in Southampton was fine, no flowers, no fanfare but just nice friendly people. A word of warning to those about to order a Tesla do not buy accessories until you have the car.
Tesla have a habit of making subtle changes, so I have frunk mat that does not fit and a Taptes usb hub thing that no longer fits a 2020 model 3. So anybody in the Southampton area with an earlier mode 3 who need these please contact.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was going to ask how it went yesterday - glad for you it went well. Collecting mine on the 8th but from London Park Royal. I would have preferred Southampton (I work there) but I don't think it was an option back in May when I placed the order. Thanks for the advice regarding accessories - all I have so far is a back seat cover for the dog 🐶

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was going to ask how it went yesterday - glad for you it went well. Collecting mine on the 8th but from London Park Royal. I would have preferred Southampton (I work there) but I don't think it was an option back in May when I placed the order. Thanks for the advice regarding accessories - all I have so far is a back seat cover for the dog 🐶
I put my deposit on a M3LR in mid-April and managed to get a test drive from Southampton docks in mid-July when the delivery hub had just opened.
Before the drive started I mentioned I had already purchased one and was going to collect from West Drayton - the guy there said I could change to Southampton.
I pick up my M3 from Southampton next Monday afternoon :)

·
Registered
969 Posts
Ok have the car now, fantastic car really pleased. The pickup in Southampton was fine, no flowers, no fanfare but just nice friendly people. A word of warning to those about to order a Tesla do not buy accessories until you have the car.
Tesla have a habit of making subtle changes, so I have frunk mat that does not fit and a Taptes usb hub thing that no longer fits a 2020 model 3. So anybody in the Southampton area with an earlier mode 3 who need these please contact.
Have you got the new design (model Y like) frunk?

Taptes have two versions of the hub, one with a usb C & usb A at the rear. Have Tesla changed it again, or have you got the older hub with just the two usb A connectors?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Spike, Yes i have the new frunk design like the model Y. And yes I have the hub with the two type A usb connectors.
The car has one C and one A. I should have done more research!! Didn't realise Taptes did two types.The car comes with a wireless phone charger also. Bought some mud flaps they don't fit either. Car comes with front mudflaps although they are not a particularly good fit

·
Registered
969 Posts
Being supplied with front mud flaps sounds like a new feature.. Wonder when that changed.

I’ve seen something about the Lowe bolt for the rear flap no longer being needed, just the clips.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts