Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up the car on friday and first impressions all good but over the weekend had airbag warning and headlight warning lights come on, however they have now disappeared.Are these known faults that are to be expected but i can't believe they've resolved themselves.

Also, recharging for the first time and after 2hrs the charging (podpoint) shut downwith car reporting a fault but unplugging at both ends and trying again has proved more successful. I now have a pulsating green light rather than a red one on the car.

I'm completely new to this so apologies for the newbie questions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I meant at the plug end (thought it was a solid green until fully charged). I do have the interior lights as above too

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
7,101 Posts
Sorry, I meant at the plug end (thought it was a solid green until fully charged). I do have the interior lights as above too
It flashes when the car is refusing charge - have you got a timer or limit set?

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,875 Posts
Picked up the car on friday and first impressions all good but over the weekend had airbag warning and headlight warning lights come on, however they have now disappeared.Are these known faults that are to be expected but i can't believe they've resolved themselves.

Also, recharging for the first time and after 2hrs the charging (podpoint) shut downwith car reporting a fault but unplugging at both ends and trying again has proved more successful. I now have a pulsating green light rather than a red one on the car.

I'm completely new to this so apologies for the newbie questions.
A few people have reported the airbag warning light, I believe software patch 0570 was to fix that where it occurred in vehicles.

What version is yours running?

The flashing green light usually means there’s a charge timer set, but as the ID.3 doesn’t have that functionality yet, is it charged to the maximum percentage as per the charging info screen?

·
Registered
ID3 1st Edition in Glacier White
499 Posts
Any more such warning lights and I’d ask for 0570 personally.
I don’t think it’s great VW let known issues with ‘false flags’ re airbag and headlights warnings roll on for months when it seems there is a patch. They are both potential safety issues

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is the software update done by taking to a dealer?

And another thing - is there a technique for gesture control? I've all the things 'on' in the settings menu.

·
Registered
VW Passat GTE
676 Posts
Pulsating means charging, flashing means a timer is set, solid means finished...

·
Registered
ID3 1st Edition in Glacier White
499 Posts
Is the software update done by taking to a dealer?

And another thing - is there a technique for gesture control? I've all the things 'on' in the settings menu.
At the moment patching is via a dealer visit. OTA capability in next major update probs in a month.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts