Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 64KWh
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my car today and had a great day tinkering with all the settings and getting to grips with it, and taking it for a run. Love the car.

2 issues identified

Software
Despite my best efforts, the car was delivered with the older version of the software and maps - as detailed in the "before" screen shot in the link below, so I still have the issue with the speed limits on the HUD being 1mph out for example

I provided specific details of the before (old version) and after (new version) numbers for both firmware and maps, but they have told me that there isn't an update available to them on their system. When I queried this further, and sent the screen shots from the thread above, they have come back and said that the quality team have provided the info below

"Regarding the Gen 5.0 wide (we now refer to as AVNT due to this unit being in 21MY Sportage but an 8 inch version!), we are expecting the latest release any day now via the HERE DOC.
This release will update most later platforms to the UX2.0 (Magenta) version described in the supporting documents on the Local TSB for the 2020 AVN updates. Please be aware that this version is fairly significant in the changes!!"

I am confused:

a. Does anyone know why they might not have access to the updates?
b. Does anyone know if there is a further update due in September / October? to which they refer?

Journey History
I can't see that it has recorded my journey history today, complete with consumption information for each, in the EV data. No idea why.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,883 Posts
Your dealers are .... well, choose your worst expletive.

I have recently found out that the car requires 4hr between trips to "reset" the trip information. Maybe your trip is simply not finished?

PS: I hate the way that they work with the trips. There is one record in the car, in the EV data I think. But there is a completely different record in the UVO app. They show different things and never exactly match, so I can't get all the information for a specific trip.

·
Registered
KIA Soul EV 64kWh
217 Posts
Picked up my car today and had a great day tinkering with all the settings and getting to grips with it, and taking it for a run. Love the car.

2 issues identified

Software
Despite my best efforts, the car was delivered with the older version of the software and maps - as detailed in the "before" screen shot in the link below, so I still have the issue with the speed limits on the HUD being 1mph out for example

I provided specific details of the before (old version) and after (new version) numbers for both firmware and maps, but they have told me that there isn't an update available to them on their system. When I queried this further, and sent the screen shots from the thread above, they have come back and said that the quality team have provided the info below

"Regarding the Gen 5.0 wide (we now refer to as AVNT due to this unit being in 21MY Sportage but an 8 inch version!), we are expecting the latest release any day now via the HERE DOC.
This release will update most later platforms to the UX2.0 (Magenta) version described in the supporting documents on the Local TSB for the 2020 AVN updates. Please be aware that this version is fairly significant in the changes!!"

I am confused:

a. Does anyone know why they might not have access to the updates?
b. Does anyone know if there is a further update due in September / October? to which they refer?

Journey History
I can't see that it has recorded my journey history today, complete with consumption information for each, in the EV data. No idea why.
The online manual refers to this version as AVNT too

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Your dealers are .... well, choose your worst expletive.

I have recently found out that the car requires 4hr between trips to "reset" the trip information. Maybe your trip is simply not finished?

PS: I hate the way that they work with the trips. There is one record in the car, in the EV data I think. But there is a completely different record in the UVO app. They show different things and never exactly match, so I can't get all the information for a specific trip.
Theres a couple of ways round that.
You can reset it manually.
On the main screen there's a mini screen you can pull down (one of the 1/3 width screens) that just shows the current trip and resets for each one.
The UVO app at least for me does also appear to show each separate trip, eg each time car is started.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 64KWh
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can now see that yesterday's driving is shown in the journey history as a single daily total. Is this how it is done, or can it be changed to show individual trips? Do I need to reset as indicated above to make it start a new entry in the journey history?

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 64KWh
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've sent an enquiry to Kia UK to ask for clarification about the firmware question, why my dealer appears not to be able to do it, and whether there is a new upgrade imminent. Not sure I am expecting a comprehensive response but I'll let you know when I get one.

It would be nice to think there was an upgrade coming that fixed the Android Auto not using widescreen issue. But when I queried that with Kia a few weeks ago they said there was no timescale on it, so I doubt it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Mine also has the old firmware despite me asking the dealer if it had the latest version. Asked him if it is free to update the firmware but he didn't answer.

Let me know how it goes.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 64KWh
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kia charge £40 for the firmware and maps to be updated
I can assure you they wont be charging me for an upgrade that was first available before my car even docked in the country off the ship. They could try, but I hope they don't expect me to pay it.

·
Registered
Soul EV First Edition 2020
11 Posts
I can assure you they wont be charging me for an upgrade that was first available before my car even docked in the country off the ship. They could try, but I hope they don't expect me to pay it.
I picked up my new Soul EV yesterday. It has the latest software. The PDI had been done prior to delivery to the garage. When I placed the order the salesman estimated delivery in 2 weeks, it arrived 12 days later.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I picked up my new Soul EV yesterday. It has the latest software. The PDI had been done prior to delivery to the garage. When I placed the order the salesman estimated delivery in 2 weeks, it arrived 12 days later.
Delivery in 2 weeks? I thought it was supposed to be more like 6 months.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Delivery in 2 weeks? I thought it was supposed to be more like 6 months.
Apparently there's plenty of stock in the UK atm. The wait time to get one is 10 days according to my local dealer.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 64KWh
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mine ended up taking 3 weeks but it was in Kia stock and the wait time is just related to the logistics of Kia getting it moved from a to b. There were around 2000 of them shipped into the country in the spring. Apparently, you'd struggle now to get a blue one unless you are buying the dealers showroom example as the stock of those has gone by all accounts. But black or white ones, yeah, they are available until that stock runs dry. Then you would be waiting for the next delivery so probably next year.

I saw a screenshot of the order system from the system when I was chasing the delay on my delivery and it showed it landed in the country in April.

Not sure why Hywel's came with the latest software and mine didn't. Presume the dealer knew where to get hold of the update. I assume therefore Hywel that you are not afflicted with the issue of the speed limit on the HUD showing 1mph too low?

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,883 Posts
My Soul came with the latest firmware/maps as well, but that was after repeatedly nagging my dealer about the update and telling him that I'm not collecting the car unless it has all the latest updates.

PS: collected on 1st Sep

·
Registered
Soul EV 2020
40 Posts
Same issue with vehicle picked up on 19th.
(has a 12v battery dated 20012020 - so I assume the vehicle was manufactured after that date and VIN year code was L = 2020 - yet it still had the april 2019 software.)

Dealer concerned said they had had problems trying to download update release (allegedly 120Gb which doesn't make sense to me unless its a multi-car release)

Anyway a different branch of dealer does have it and I'm booked in to get it loaded next Friday - very happy with dealer but the original branch didn't give me a lot of confidence they knew about updates :) Other branch definitely understood and had the release available.

·
Registered
Soul EV First Edition 2020
11 Posts
Mine ended up taking 3 weeks but it was in Kia stock and the wait time is just related to the logistics of Kia getting it moved from a to b. There were around 2000 of them shipped into the country in the spring. Apparently, you'd struggle now to get a blue one unless you are buying the dealers showroom example as the stock of those has gone by all accounts. But black or white ones, yeah, they are available until that stock runs dry. Then you would be waiting for the next delivery so probably next year.

I saw a screenshot of the order system from the system when I was chasing the delay on my delivery and it showed it landed in the country in April.

Not sure why Hywel's came with the latest software and mine didn't. Presume the dealer knew where to get hold of the update. I assume therefore Hywel that you are not afflicted with the issue of the speed limit on the HUD showing 1mph too low?
The displayed HUD speed is correct. I first noticed the issue on a test drive before I ordered the car. Thanks to this forum I could tell the dealer the latest software version. Apparently it arrived with the latest version and they did not need to update it.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I can now see that yesterday's driving is shown in the journey history as a single daily total. Is this how it is done, or can it be changed to show individual trips? Do I need to reset as indicated above to make it start a new entry in the journey history?
Depends where you are looking at the journey history. Where are you looking?
The UVO app shows each individual trip. By calendar day with each trip shown individually. (Very annoyingly theres no way to download those)
ISTR somewhere in the EV set of screens in the car you can see the last ?30? trips. Each individual trip, not collated together by day.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 64KWh
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Depends where you are looking at the journey history. Where are you looking?
The UVO app shows each individual trip. By calendar day with each trip shown individually. (Very annoyingly theres no way to download those)
ISTR somewhere in the EV set of screens in the car you can see the last ?30? trips. Each individual trip, not collated together by day.
I am using the EV button in the car display and clicking into the area where it shows the CO2 savings, and in there is the option to see the journey history. For me, it seems to be collating by day at the moment.

In the UVO app it shows them individually, but it doesn't show the consumption data.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Il'l look at mine tomorrow. ISTR its in the efficiency area soemwhere but i also recall it was much more difficult to find that than on my previous Soul.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Il'l look at mine tomorrow. ISTR its in the efficiency area soemwhere but i also recall it was much more difficult to find that than on my previous Soul.
OK i looked they seemed to have "disimproved it" as you say though strangely i have one day in there where there are two entries but all others seem to be on a per day averaged basis.

OTOH havent cars range improved enough now we really dont need to care any more?

When i started with an EV about 3 years ago i noted the trip meter every trip, but realised it doesn't actually matter, it is what it is, drive it like a car not something you need to nurse. Well thats my attitude now.

If you really care then perhaps zero the trip meter every week or month and note it down but what will you do with the data? to save the trouble i can tell you you'll see it decrease as the weather gets colder and then increase again as it gets warmer and decrease on trips where you drive fast and increase on ones where you drive slow !

1 - 20 of 22 Posts