Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Soul 2021
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My son and I picked up our new Kia Soul (in Blue:)) from Kia Ferndown yesterday. Fantastic service from the sales guy Ed.
Drove home to show the wife who decided we should go for a drive as it was such a nice afternoon.
She hadn’t seen the car nor had she ever driven an EV before, but picked it up within minutes and really enjoyed herself, especially when she popped it into Sport.

She will be driving it the most (we have a newish diesel Citreon as well that’s only done around 8k) and is more than happy with converting to an EV.
We had a BP Pulse 7Kw wall charger fitted a few weeks ago and that worked first time when she plugged it in after our 50 mile journey.
Her last car was a Peugeot 5008 and it was due for a change after 3 years and 47k miles, 95% of which was school runs and ferrying our son to his footy and other after school activities.

We are both looking forward to not pumping £70+ worth of petrol into a car every week now, as we will be signing up to Octopus Go when I get closer to the end of our contract with British Gas.

So far, so good. 👍

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 64KWh
800 Posts
Welcome to the Soul EV club!. Had mine since September (ice cream with strawberry topping colour) - love it.

I swapped out of a Peugeot 3008 and also love the fuel savings. So far, I have done 4200 miles and spent around £40 on electricity - I am Octopus Go, although I have had several goes on the free Engie rapids in West Yorkshire as well.

Now that the weather has improved, unless you drive it hard, it is difficult to get less than 4 miles/kwh out of it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts