Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m picking up a Zoe 50 GT50 QC on Saturday. The manufacturing date was before the inclusion of AEB so I’m not expecting that but:
Should it have latest firmware or will this just come as an OTA upgrade?
I’m expecting only a type 2 cable-no granny cable?
Will another manufacturer's Granny cable work eg I-PACE?
The type 2 cable should be 3 phase?
Will it charge at 11KW from a (white) Tesla destination charger or 3KW?
No mats? (I’ve bought some)

Anything else commonly missed by the dealer?

·
Registered
2019 Renault Zoe R110 (ZE40)
989 Posts
I’m picking up a Zoe 50 GT50 QC on Saturday. The manufacturing date was before the inclusion of AEB so I’m not expecting that but:
Should it have latest firmware or will this just come as an OTA upgrade?
I’m expecting only a type 2 cable-no granny cable?
Will another manufacturer's Granny cable work eg I-PACE?
The type 2 cable should be 3 phase?
Will it charge at 11KW from a (white) Tesla destination charger or 3KW?
No mats? (I’ve bought some)

Anything else commonly missed by the dealer?
Make sure that you definitely have CCS and it's not just blanked out, if you paid for it. Another member here pointed out they didn't get what they ordered.

When you drive away check for things like a creaky boot and leaky door seals. They are the two common complaints at the moment which you would need to get the dealer to resolve as soon as possible.

Software updates can be downloaded OTA.

Granny cable is a ~£500 option. It's not included as standard. You can use any other if you like, but Renault advise strongly against the use of them, to the point of saying it will void your warranty sometimes. They should be perfectly safe as long as your wiring is up to the job, and you're prepared for very slow and inefficient charging. Only a 3 Phase type 2 cable is included.

It can charge on 3 Phase up to 22kW. The Tesla destination chargers are hit and miss. Sometimes a white sign one will work, other times a red one will work. Sometimes they will all refuse to charge a car. But if you can get it to supply power, Zoe will charge at the fastest speed that the destination charger can supply.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don’t think we’ve ever used a 13A cable with any of our cars but one of the car parks I charge in, in addition to the Tesla chargers have 4 commando sockets -with a 3 pin/commando adapter these would be plan B given that I’m unlikely to make the second half of the 200 mile journey like I can in the I-PACE if I couldn’t charge.
The I-PACE would do a 200 mile motorway journey in winter but I’m not expecting the Zoe (or Polestar 2) to be able to do this

At least it’s raining so if the Zoe’s outside the leaky seals should reveal themselves -where does the water collect?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts