Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, I've been lurking for a couple of months and now my i3 is being delivered to Fairfield BMW in Leigh-on-sea today so I thought I'd say hi.

Firstly - massive thanks to all on the thread, it's been a great help in informing choices along the way and for the Fleetdrive recommendations.

Secondly, just wanted to check re. public charging. Not intending to be doing much of this but work a lot in greater London and have a couple of contracts in Oxford so was intending to register with Source East and Ecotricity... Any tips appreciated - is Source East still a bit sketchy? I understand there's a nifty charger at the mini plant in Oxford...?

Also, any tips for the initial setting up of the car?

Can't wait to sit in it at last!!

Thanks all

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Hi I get my I3 REX next week. I just can't wait. The reason I moved within 9 months of getting the Leaf was range/charging infrastructure. Beware the I3 has a CCS connector and not all rapids support this. (i.e. Nissan paid for a lot of chargers and ChaDemo was what they wanted). But with the 140 ish range on battery this is not a deal breaker for me. If only everywhrer was like Milton Keynes for rapids :)

Richard

Reactions: Pauly

·
Registered
9,180 Posts
I understand there's a nifty charger at the mini plant in Oxford...?
Welcome @Pauly ! Yes the charger at the MINI plant is great -- and completely free the last time I used it about 6 months ago. You'll probably know there are a few other rapids in the neighbourhood too..

·
Registered
Leaf e+ 62kwh
680 Posts
I've had my i3 for a week now & I'm finding 140 miles per charge is fairly easy to achieve :) very efficient with great performance but the iDrive needs a re-think, very unintuitive... Even simple things like off peak charging needs you to input a departure time, why can't I just toggle between off peak charge & instant without all the extra bloat.. My Leaf was set to off peak charge permanently & all I had to do if I needed to charge in the day was to press an overide button on the dash, Simples :)
R

1 - 6 of 6 Posts