Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

301 - 320 of 405 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
If you can download the app Zeddy, it's a lot more robust than the Renault ZE App. I use the Zeddy most of the time and only use the old Renault ZE App for setting up timers for preheating before I leave work as I tend to know what time I am leaving, whereas in the morning I will use the Zeddy app to pre-heat the car while I'm having breakfast (Zeddy doesn't have timer support). Even though I can see the car on my driveway I'm too lazy to get my key out and press the pre-heat button as it is easier to use my phone! I guess I'm in the minority here... :)

·
Registered
13,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #302
Renault Z.E. is no more for the new ZOE.

Does Zeddy work with the new ZOE API?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Oh dear, yes I believe it works with the My Renault App although I have no way of testing it as I'm stuck with the old ZE app, think the Germans have used it with the new My Renault App.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Matt Cheetham is the developer, if you leave a comment on the App store he may be able to help with your crash.

·
Registered
13,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #306
Just deleted and re-installed Zeddy. It gives me an option to login with MyRenault.

Similar functionality as the official app. Pre conditioning still doesn’t work. :)

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
24,474 Posts
I feel better now - 2 years in and first wash was a week ago :p
I usually wash my cars twice, once when I get them and once when I sell them. I wash off bird poo exceptionally. After a while the car becomes hydrophobic due to the very fine 'nanoparticle' dust that remains after repeated showers wash off the larger particles.

I was 'doing' hydrophobic surfaces on my cars long before the word 'nanotechnology' even existed.

;)

·
Registered
756 Posts
I believe it actually has to do with braking distance in emergency, for 5-star rating. At 140km/h probably on my front disc breaks are not sufficient to put slow down the car sufficiently enough, given the weight of the car. I could be wrong, but this was my understanding.
I use be a mechanic once apon a time.

Disc brakes are superior to drums.

Brake pads are easier to change than brake shoes.

Less powerful braking are shoes and they don't cool down as easy as brake disc/pads as they are more exposed to air. More heat you have worse brakes you will have.

Normally only one simple piston driving them , can have multiple in disc and pads and much bigger .

Actual brake dust in the drums causes less of the brake shoes to be in contact inside the drum.

You don't see any sports cars having brakes shoes. Not the 70's any more.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Zoe Devotee
8,386 Posts
Reminder: UK remains the only target market for the Zoe that doesn't have the MyRenault app yet.
So let me get this straight, as it currently stands in UK there is no app and as we currently understand there is no agreed release date for an app. I tell you the non-MG owners would be apoplectic at this information, wonder where they are on this group? Suspiciously quiet.

Disc brakes are superior to drums.
And now we know why your "used" to be a mechanic? :p Drums have their advantages over discs, but discs are cheap to manufacture these days and even though they have their disadvantages they get used on the back brakes. Of course when they go wrong discs are a lot more expensive to repair than drums which in themselves rarely fail and just need basic maintenance parts.

·
Registered
13,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #313
So let me get this straight, as it currently stands in UK there is no app and as we currently understand there is no agreed release date for an app. I tell you the non-MG owners would be apoplectic at this information, wonder where they are on this group? Suspiciously quiet.
As per my previous posts - the new app is real and actually works a bit better than the old one.

I'm sure the developer will flip the switch just before the first car turns up in the UK.

·
Zoe Devotee
8,386 Posts
As per my previous posts - the new app is real and actually works a bit better than the old one.

I'm sure the developer will flip the switch just before the first car turns up in the UK.
I believe you that there really is an app, but its really not here in the UK and there really isn't an official date for release. Until those issues are resolved there is no app technically.

·
Registered
13,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #315
I believe you that there really is an app, but its really not here in the UK and there really isn't an official date for release. Until those issues are resolved there is no app technically.
You can download the app if you change your iTunes account to an EU one.

This is trivial change to release it to the UK App Store.

·
Zoe Devotee
8,386 Posts
You can download the app if you change your iTunes account to an EU one.

This is trivial change to release it to the UK App Store.

Like i say, not available in UK, so no UK app.

·
Zoe Devotee
8,386 Posts
Well there are no cars yet. So that makes sense. :)
Well not entirely true, all the existing Zoes don't have the new app, most still seem happy with the old app, but some reports that that isn't working now on some cars.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Well not entirely true, all the existing Zoes don't have the new app, most still seem happy with the old app, but some reports that that isn't working now on some cars.
We don't have the new app but as far as I was aware it doesn't bring any functionality that we haven't already got with the old one, it's just shinier and uses a newer back end, so while it's weird that everyone else has it and we don't it's really not a big issue.

There have always been reports of the connected services not working, and I imagine even with shiny new cars and new apps there will always be reports of them not working in the future as well...

The cars aren't here yet, the website goes on about the connected services they will have, so I don't see the need to start jumping up and down until they start being delivered. (When do the first ones arrive? I don't actually know...)

301 - 320 of 405 Posts