Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

401 - 405 of 405 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Some people may not agree with my opinion, but here goes.

In my first year of ownership of an R240, the keycard was attached to the house keys; much as I’ve seen with other car owners. However, the keycard slowly slowly moved, all by itself, i swear, to an inside pocket of the jacket or inside a bag, but almost never kept it on the key ring. This meant that the preconditioning and flap release buttons were very rarely used. mind you, that was with a 22kWh battery and without off-street parking, so had to charge it pretty often in public.

With ZE50, due to the size of the battery, the need to open the charging port door doesn’t occur that often in my case; in Bjorn’s case, it’s different. I drove now about 2500 km in a month and... I personally didn’t feel I lost any convenience.

I’ve had this discussion with the sales person when I ordered the ZE50 and she was also surprised Renault decided to remove those two buttons from the key card.

I believe Renault tried to make the new Zoe feel like any other car. It is modeled, I believe, primarily on city driving and ownership, for people that don‘t really need to charge every night. I don’t know at all people that need 300km of range every morning; nice to have, yes - but not necessary. If the daily commute is 150km one way...I believe it would be cheaper time-wise to move closer to the working place or get a different car.

What I find odd though is the button to unlock the boot... I just can’t justify it presence, other than ‘styling’.

·
Speak, Eevee!
1,282 Posts
Fairly common for manufacturers to restrict software updates to newer models even though the old ones are technically capable. I don't like it as it's wasteful (environmental/resources) to try and prevent people from using existing equipment to its full potential just because you want to sell another - but it's how they sometimes differentiate between models to entice an upgrade the if updates to the hardware itself aren't considered a big enough selling point.

Some of them are more obvious about it than others - they're not into cars (yet) but Apple are a good example. They often claim "we use some special part of the new system chip so it's a hardware thing" only for a third party to release an "unsupported previous model activation tool" 5 minutes later...

Edit: Regarding the key card, problem with pocketing the first gen one is the number of times it pops the flap from your pocket just as you're setting off. Or it does with me. Then I have to park up again and close it...
If they ever get around to sending them, I've ordered these covers to try and prevent it: US $3.0 30% OFF|ABS Car Key Cover For Renault Megane 2 3 Clio 4 Trafic Duster Captur Logan Koleos Laguna 2 3 Auto Remote Control Protector Case on AliExpress

·
Registered
12 Posts
@cah197 can you check if the drivers display can be customised to show google maps from Apple CarPlay (or android auto as I assume if it does one it’ll do both). Much prefer it in the line of sight than the side.

I can’t wait for my GT Line from Evezy hopefully end of March.

·
Registered
13,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #404
@cah197 can you check if the drivers display can be customised to show google maps from Apple CarPlay (or android auto as I assume if it does one it’ll do both). Much prefer it in the line of sight than the side.

I can’t wait for my GT Line from Evezy hopefully end of March.
Pretty sure it won’t mirror the CarPlay navigation in the binnacle display. Only the built in navigation system.

This is down to the way CarPlay works. It just takes control of the main screen.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Pretty sure it won’t mirror the CarPlay navigation in the binnacle display. Only the built in navigation system.

This is down to the way CarPlay works. It just takes control of the main screen.
Sadly the e-208 is the same

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

401 - 405 of 405 Posts