Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

Picking up my new Zoe 50 tomorrow. Anything in particular I should be looking out for before handover? I read about the issue with starting the heater from the app, so will make sure the salesman shows me that working before I leave.

Anything else?
Thanks in advance. I can't wait :)

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,188 Posts
Other known issues are creaking from the tailgate area, and water ingress through front door seals. You’ll probably need to drive the vehicle for a few days to see if your’s suffers from these faults.

Reactions: SG Leaf

·
Registered
Zoe GT Line 2020
71 Posts
When I picked mine up recently the dealer hadn't enabled Connected Services therefore I couldn't sync my phone to the car and test the pre-conditioning.

If the dealer says you need to connect with Bluetooth or USB to sync the app on your phone, then they don't really understand Connected Services.

·
Premium Member
11,458 Posts
Hi folks,

Picking up my new Zoe 50 tomorrow. Anything in particular I should be looking out for before handover? I read about the issue with starting the heater from the app, so will make sure the salesman shows me that working before I leave.

Anything else?
Thanks in advance. I can't wait :)
Main issues are above, I need to book mine in to get the CPU switched (for preconditioning to work) and it took a few weeks before I got the boot rattle, which also needs sorting.

Accessing Connected Services from the app is very different with ZE50 as you just register with My Renault app while sitting in car. However, it can take a while (24 hours+) to connect, so don't expect to drive away with the app working. Do make sure they are working in car, by checking the status screen.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks folks! Delayed until the morning due to some issue with RCI. Picking up in the morning

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,188 Posts

·
Zoe Devotee
9,263 Posts
Standard stuff. Check it charges on rapids and slow posts. I recommend this for any EV.
Check paintwork very closely because once you leave the dealer its near impossible to get a claim successfully handled under paintwork defects with Renault.
Check panel alignment, especially the doors as some ZE50s have had Tesla levels of due diligence to alignments, which will lead to wind noise and leaks. Be wary if your finger can fit under the top edge of the door (where it curves around roof).
Creaking/cracking from the rear is down to poorly finished welds for the boot hinges in the rear roof lining. Unfortunately the noise isn't always there on picking up the car, and develops within a few weeks.

Otherwise enjoy the car.

Oh and don't expect the app to work, not for a few days at best, or months(ever) at worst.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts